A Mission To Shili

Start from the beginning

Zeb activated his Bo-Rifle and spun it showily. He jutted it in the direction of Jedi Imposter and gave the man a lengthy electric shock. Zeb leapt forward to catch the child as the man fell to his knees.

Deactivating his weapon, Zeb set the child on the ground. She looked up at him with an unreadable, intrigued look in her eye. She didn't seem to fear him the way all the others did.

"Go on, Kid. Go home or wherever," Zeb waved a hand dismissively.

"Lost," she peeped in her shrill voice.

"You're lost?" Zeb frowned. He just wanted to get the mission over and get back to Lasan, not find a strange, terrifying child's home.

"No. You're lost," she replied.

"What?"

"You're lost," she repeated.

"What do you mean?" Zeb demanded. "Why would you say that."

"Your map. It is confusing. You are going the wrong way," she pointed to the map sticking out from his pocket.

Zeb growled at her, only because she was right and he didn't want to admit it. But she only giggled in response.

"I can take you to the root," she offered. "I know the way."

"Don't you have parents to run off to?" Zeb suggested. "Won't they worry if you leave? I mean, you were almost just kidnapped."

"Parents?" the child frowned giving him a confused look. "Of course not."

Zeb was sure she was lying. "Well, I have important things to do. Go play with your friends," Zeb turned, waving a hand, "or whatever."

"I know the way, I can to you," her shrill voice called after him.

"No thanks," he yelled back, trudging into a wood.

A few minutes later, as Zeb puzzled over the map, a crack of a small step on a stick came behind him. He whirled around and there stood little Togruta. She straightened the strap of the satchel she carried.

"You're going the wrong way," she crossed her arms matter-of-factly. "I know the way, I can take you."

"Get lost, kid," Zeb ordered.

Togruta produced a small herb from her satchel. A root. The exact root he needed.

"Where'd you get that?" Zeb demanded.

"I can show you the way," offered Togruta again.

"Fine," Zeb's ears drooped. This was embarrassing.

Togruta spun on her heels. She walked confidently through the woods. It felt like it had been forever, taking baby steps, when they reached the patch of roots. Zeb began digging, and Togruta helped as well.

It didn't take so long for Zeb to gather everything he needed. The little pipsqueak Togruta turned out to be quite helpful. She'd dug up most of the root, always knowing where to look and how to get it out fast. He didn't know how she did it.

"Hey, what's your name?" Zeb asked as he packed up the root.

"Ahsoka Tano," she replied simply.

"I'm Garozeb Orrelios," Zeb said. "Captain Orrelios to you."

"Yehsa ke meet yeh, Captain Orrelios," Ahsoka bowed her head respectfully. She smiled faintly at his mildly confused look. "It means 'nice to meet you.'"

"Ah, well how old are you?" Zeb questioned, standing up.

"Three," she stood up as well, brushing off the muddy knees to her pants.

"You don't act three," Zeb frowned.

"The elders say I am special. But that means bad guys want to get me," Ahsoka straightened her satchel strap. "Do bad guys want you, too?"

Zeb chuckled. "No."

"Oh," Ahsoka tapped her chin thoughtfully. "I do not like bad guys."

"Neither do I. Now you should run along home," Zeb said hurriedly.

"It is the way you are going," Ahsoka pointed to the map.

"How are you reading this while it is stuck in my pocket?" Zeb groaned.

The two walked back through the wood in silence. Just as they reached the end of it, footsteps pattered close by. Ahsoka went ridged, freezing.

"He is back," Ahsoka uttered.

"Who..." Zeb hardly had time to finish the word before the Jedi Imposter leapt out of the trees and sprayed some sort of blinding spray into his eyes. Zeb cried out and covered his face, groaning until the burning stopped.

It only took a few seconds, but when he opened his eyes, Ahsoka was gone. Zeb spent precious seconds listening for the sound of footsteps before shooting off in the direction he supposed Ahsoka had been taken.

Zeb raced through the woods until he found the Jedi Imposter with Ahsoka. He didn't slow his pace as he roared and ran by, ripping Ahsoka away from him. Then he took off in the direction of the ship.

Blaster shots rang out from behind them. Zeb swerved right and left, avoiding the shots. When he was sure one would hit him, it froze in mid-air. Ahsoka's eyes squeezed shut and she held her hands out, stopping the shot with the mythical Ashla.

Zeb didn't have time to thank her. He darted from the woods and dashed up the ramp of his ship. He practically tossed Ahsoka into a seat and pressed the button to raise the ramp repeatedly.

"Faster," Zeb growled at it. It was going too slow.

Some of the laser shots came right towards them, as though to come straight through the door. But they, too, stopped and the door shut.

Zeb raced to the console and powered up the engines. He piloted the ship through the atmosphere.

The ship shook violently. Someone was shooting at them! Zeb skilfully avoided most of the shots, jumping into hyperspace as soon as he could. Zeb sat back in the seat, breathing a sigh of relief. He turned his head to see Ahsoka trembling and huddled up in the seat.

Oh, karabast. He hadn't thought that one through. What in the universe was he to do with the child?

"Oh, karabast," Zeb said aloud. "What'll your parents think?"

Ahsoka's round, blue eyes shone with sadness. "They are dead," she reported.

"Who takes care of you?" Zeb questioned.

"My tribe. But they want me gone," Ahsoka shrank into herself. "They tried to get rid of me today with that bad man. They thought he was good, I know, but they were frustrated even when they found he was bad. They do not want me."

A ridiculous thought crossed Zeb's mind. Then filled his mind and wouldn't leave. "How'd you like to come with me to my home planet?" Zeb blurted before he could stop himself.

Ahsoka perked up. "Oh, Captain Orrellios, I would love to!"

Zeb smiled. This kid wasn't so bad, and he wouldn't mind having her around. The decision was made.

He just hoped he wouldn't regret it.

-----------------

Word Count: 1,768

Published: Apr. 16, 2022

Please tell me if this is the stupidest thing you've ever read. Oh, and tell me if you want a second part. 

This is so random, but it's been in my brain for too long. It doesn't even make any sense. I don't care. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like it. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!