Chapter 21 - Predicament Pt2

I snapped out of my thinking "Huh?" I said to Rantaro.

He turned back to me and gave a small smile "It'll just be a second don't worry."

I then nodded when I suddenly felt like I had to use the bathroom.

"Perfect timing since I gotta go piss. Cya soon?" I asked.

"Yup. Of course." He said then turned his attention away from me. I took one look back at Shuichi before closing the door, it was the first time since I didn't look back while escaping from him. I saw the surprise in his eyes from when Rantaro glared at him and felt bad.

Quickly, I closed the door, and heading to the bathroom

I lowered my head from guilt.

~3rd POV~

Shuichi looked at Rantaro nervously. Rantaro reciprocated, blankly returning his gaze.

"U-Um-. Hey Buddy! S-Sorry I was-"

"Why."

Shuichi looked, confused.

"Why? What do you mea-"

"Why did you stop Kokichi?"

Shuichi was in disbelief. Rantaro looked at him, cold and calculating. Shuichi...didn't remember this Rantaro...this wasn't the one who was his friend.

He wasn't even sure whether or not to answer that question. But he wanted answers himself. Putting aside all of his plans, and wanting to be honest to get a reaction out of his friend, he answered with a sigh.

"I wanted to stop him to ask about you. To ask about what's going on."

This seemed to put Rantaro at a halt for a second, seemingly shocking him before he decided to continue.

"So I'm guessing you haven't figured it out yet..."

Now it was Shuichi's turn to halt,

"Figured it out...What do you-" "Do you not realize what you did? Or do you not care about how people feel?"

Shuichi defended himself immediately,"Of course, I care!" At this point, Shuichi didn't care about his plan. His friend was right in front of him, a friend who had been gone from early on in the game and hasn't been able to speak to him until now. He was upset because he was confused and sadenned, though a small pulse of guilt was present within him. Guilt he didn't know the purpose of its exsistance. He didn't know what caused this change in his friend between Rantaro dying in-game and the game ending. So distraught, he continued on,

"That was the entire reason I had about asking Kokichi about you, about what happened! That's the only reason! I mean, come on, you've been avoiding and ignoring me since we met up so far and I found out you weren't even there at the place when the game ended! You've been gone the whole time and you've went from a friend to someone who dislikes me?! You haven't talked to me at all till now, and you haven't even been treating me like were friends! Instead, you choose to be closer to- "

Rantaro easily cut Shuichi off.

"If wanted to ask Kokichi about me since you cared for my feelings...then, I have another question."

For this question, he looked Shuichi dead in the face looking into his eyes, looking, searching for something.

Hoping that was his friend.

Hoping that at least was a kind person.

A forgiving one.

With this hope, this last hope he asked:

"Do you care about Kokichi's feelings as well?"

In an instant, all his hope was shattered.

Every.

Single.

Bit.

"Come on, how can I care about someone when I don't understand them at all? I mean he's a liar for crying out loud. It's hopeless trying to understand him." Shuichi said, as if he was stating the obvious.

(Eyyy rq plug here if u want, go follow my Twitter! I post are there and will probably post updates on my stories here: Arual_Type_ (@_arual_00))