Chapter 6 - Thoughts

I overheard Rantaro and Miu talking.

 'Why is he so mad?' I thought when Miu walked away 'What did I do?' 

Then I heard Kokichi call out to Rantaro

'What-'. I saw Rantaro smile at him.

 'What the...' I wanted to go up to him and ask about it but before I could "Hey buddy" Kaito says, throwing an arm around me, "You ready to go?" 

"Uhh...y-yeah". I looked back to check if Rantaro was there but unfortunately, to no surprise, he was gone.

"Hmm..." Maki said. I'm guessing she saw him too.

 "Hey you guys ready?" Kaede asked, holding Miu's hand. I smiled at her and nodded. 

On the way there, Maki asked, "Something wrong?"

 I decided to just tell her everything that's been happening since hopefully she, being my friend and all might know what's going on.

"...so yeah I-I think Rantaro hates me..." She paused for a minute, seeming like she was processing everything I had just said, understandably it was quite a lot. 

She began, "Kokichi probably did something to Rantaro. That brat...".

 I placed my hand on my chin. I couldn't completely deny that possibility. However, I didn't think that was quite the case since Rantaro wouldn't be smiling at hearing Kokichi

"In that case," I began, "I'll have to check up on Rantaro" Maki tsk's irritated. 

"Man, that brat is starting again. Wish he would just go." 

I sighed. I didn't want to directly agree but life would be better without him. He's a loner anyways...

...but then why

why did Rantaro smile at Kokichi?

It all doesn't add up.