Chapter 11 - Plan

Shuichi POV 

We were returning to the dorms. There was light chatter and happy conversation. And yet...I couldn't focus on any of that. I was frantically looking around for any sight of them but...no one was in sight. 

I sighed, "They must be asleep..."

 "Yeah, they probably are." 

"GAH! M-MAKI?!?" I yelped. 

She smiled and said, "You're gonna have to get used to this. You can't be getting scared every time someone says something next to you."

 I looked at her seriously. 

"Maki. The only reason I get scared is because I don't know you're the- wait"

 I said looking at her face. "A-Are you doing this on purpose!?!" 

She looked away whilst whistling.

 I sighed, "I'll take that as a yes". 

She then looked over at me. 

"Hey." 

I looked up at her in question. "Yeah?"

 She looked forward. "What are you...what are we gonna do?". 

I raised my head slightly shocked but quickly calmed myself.

 "Well...we shouldn't immediately assume we're right so...we have to look deeper into this. We have to ask others for their thoughts..." 

I placed my hand on my chin and looked back at her. 

"We should ask Miu about her talk with Rantaro since I could only hear a bit of it...from there..." I looked forward, "We should ask anyone who seems that they could've had ties to this situation."

Maki stared at me wide-eyed. 

"W-what?" I said confused and worried on why she was acting in such ways.

 "Nothing it's just..." She smiled slightly, "You really seemed like a real detective there Mr. Detective." 

"H-Hey I am a real detective y'know" 

"Yeah yeah I know..." she looked up, "Though you do know who we might have to ask now that you've made that plan...right?"

 I wanted to say no or who do you mean but I knew exactly who I'd have to ask. For the second time I would have to come in contact with Koki- wait

... 2nd?

 When did I ever see him after I woke up?