Chapter 4 - Talk

(~Hai~)

We went up to my room to talk.

 "So...", I began "W-What did you wanna say?".

 She didn't respond. That's when I looked up and saw her face and I noticed something. She seemed distant and absent like she was spaced out. No... more like she was thinking. But what would she be thinking about right now?

 "K-Kaede? Kaede. H-Hello?" I tapped her shoulder. 

"Ah! O-oh sorry, I-um I just wanted to...um...to ask you if you were going with us to the restaurant later. Y-yeah um, we were going to get our uniforms and then eat at a place nearby. It's a seafood restaurant we found and I didn't know if you were going or not." 

"O-oh that? Kirumi told me about it upstai- upstairs..." 

Then a question dawned on me.

 Was Rantaro ignoring me?

 "Hey um I-I have a question..." 

"Hmm?" Kaede responded.

 "W-well I saw you on the first floor and know you saw Rantaro and well... don't you think he acted strangely?" 

 She immediately tensed up when I asked that. I even noticed. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking about-" 

"-But you were there and saw-"

 "-S-Sorry I think I need to go change. See you outside!"

 Then she went out of my room before even I could stop her. There were so many questions I had and so many that I wanted an answer for, though I thought it'd be impossible to get one. 

Why wasn't Rantaro there?

Where was Rantaro when I was in-game?

 Why did she avoid my question? 

Why did she tense up when I asked her my question? 

Why did Rantaro ignore me?

 Is Rantaro angry at me? 

Did I forget something important? 

Most importantly... 

What happened while I was trapped in-game?

I quickly changed my clothes and left my dorm only to hear and see the conversation that might answer my questions.