Chapter 18 - Chance

Kokichi POV

'I woke up...early tf?-'

I sat up to check the time. 

'8:35 huh...'

I went to take a look at Rantaro and smiled. He was still asleep and faced me. 

'I'll leave oni chan be' I thought with a smile. 

I walked out of our bedroom to see a major mess everywhere. Then everything that happened yesterday came back to me and I smiled even more than before.

 'I don't think...I don't honestly think I lied to him yesterday...and we had fun still...' I thought, a blush slightly appearing on my face due to the happiness I was experiencing. 

'Rantaro is...my honest friend... I thought amazed somewhat at how he could tolerate me.' I said with joy. Then looking back at the mess in disdain I rolled my eyes.

 'I guess I'll be a BIT nice and clean up some of this trash.' 

- A couple of minutes later -

'I never said I was good at cleaning hmm..'

I had picked up and garbage most of the trash (mainly my panta) ready to take it outside but I looked back to see the place still unkempt. 

'Sigh this is why I never clean up its so tedious..' I ignored the rest of the mess, I could always finish later if I felt like it.

 I turned to walk to the door hoping that no one would be out this early. 

  * C R E A K *

I peeked around but didn't see anyone. sighing in relief I continued my trek to the garbage disposal. 

I realized I was avoiding everyone, and I realized that truly I feared seeing everyone again. Although I'd only been with Rantaro for a few hours the kindness he showed me has become something I got used to so receiving hate again...unlike before where I was accustomed to that, I became unsure of myself.

 'Nonetheless, I still have Rantaro by my side' I thought finally making it to the garbage and tossing away our leftover trash from yesterday. 

'He said he'd be my friend and stay by my side so I have nothing to fear. I'm not lonely anymore' I said smiling to myself and walking back to my room when suddenly-

"Kokichi!"

I stopped.

"Hey! Kokichi!"

No.

Not him.

Not now.