24

I rushed out of the hallways, until he grabbed me from my neck, having me in a head lock.

"Jake! Sunghoon! Help me!" I yelled, seeing them run towards us. Jake peeled the man off of me. I fell onto the floor gasping for air, but I was immediately picked up by Sunghoon.

"Are you okay? Your knees are bleeding, I'll help you," he took my arm and wrapped it around his shoulder.

"Let's go! We have him captured. Now where is the recorder? We should listen to it before taking it to the police station," Jake said, following us.

I took the recorder that was trapped under the skirt of my dress and handed it over to Jake. "The car is outside for you. Sunghoon, treat her, okay?"

"Wait where are you going? You're not coming with us? And where are Sunoo and Jay?!" I frowned.

"Let's go. We have to treat your knees. Let's get in the car. Sunoo and Jay might be at the house," Sunghoon replied instead.

-

"I expected Sunoo to be here. Even Jay. Where are they? Can you give them a call?" I asked.

"Yeah hold on," Sunghoon walked over to the kitchen cabinet and took out the first aid kit. He was dialling on his phone. But then he looked at me and kneeled in front of me with the aid kit.

"They aren't answering. Their phones are off. I think they are doing something important," he explained and began cleaning my wounds.

"You really seem to know how to treat wounds, you even knew where the first aid kit was," I chuckled.

"I was a ice skating performer actually and plus, your brother would get drunk and get into many fights. I would just treat his wounds for him," Sunghoon smiled.

"Wow, must've been very cool to be a ice skater," I mirrored the smile. "But why would my brother get into a lot of fights?"

"He would be drunk. He would try to get girls in his bed but of course, he chose the ones who were taken,"

"I didn't expect him to be much of a fighter. That's something new,"

Soon if we were speaking of him. Jake came running into the house and slammed the door open.

"Gosh Jake! What's up? You scared the living shit out of us," I frowned.

"Jisoo, I don't know how to tell you, but we can't turn the recorder anymore," he was out of breath. "What! Why? After what I went through? Explain why we can't use it? It's solid evidence,"

"Because Jisoo, Jungwon is free, he's not with the CEO anymore," Jake looked down with a sad face.

"What?!? That's, that's great! Is he here?!" I got up but Sunghoon made me sit back down. "Wait, I don't think he's finished," he walked up to Jake.

They started to whisper. They looked up at me once in a while. "Jisoo, just go change first, I'll tell you then," Jake sighed.

I didn't want to argue at such point, so I quietly obeyed and went upstairs, changing into a simple shirt and shorts.
I also put on a long cardigan to go along and walked down, back to the two boys.

I stopped at the stairs and saw the tv turned on. Why were they watching the news? I completely froze there and waited for why they turned it on.

"This breaking news. There has been a major car accident on the busiest street of the city," the lady started talking.
"The driver is presumed dead due to the flames of the gas tank that exploded in the accident. First responders arrived at 12:24 am by the callers who witnessed the accident. The victims identify has not been identified to the public. We will get back as soon any other information had said,"

"I don't know how to explain this to Jisoo. That Jungwon was the one in the accident. How do I do it?!" Jake had his face hidden in his hands.

"What did you say?! He's dead?!" I rushed down the stairs. "Jisoo sit down, we don't really know how the accident occurred. So please hold tight,"

"How can you know that Jake? He was burned wasn't he?! Please tell me that isn't him!"
"That was the car the CEO gave him. We don't really know if that is him. The body was completely burned," Jake lowered his head. "All the DNA in the body were destroyed, we know it's him Jisoo, I'm so so sorry,"

"So Jungwon is really dead? He died in a fucking car accident?! No! I don't believe it. The CEO did it!"

I sat next to them, crying my eyes out as I put my hands on my face. "Jisoo I know how hard this is to take in, but you're going to have to move on,"

"Move on?! You think it's easy?! It's not JAKE! I can't!" I stood up and ran upstairs to my room again.

"Pick up Jungwon! Pick up!" I sat on the bed with tears, hoping to reach him.

-

-Jungwon's POV- *4 days earlier*

I woke up from my nap when a heavy knock woke me up. I stood up and walked over to the door.

"Damn it Bri! I said leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you, go away!" I said opening the door.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not Bri," a guy stood outside my door.

"Who are you?" I started and widened my eyes as he simply welcomed himself in. "What the hell are you thinking?"

"First, my name is Niki. This used to be my room. I'm Bri's brother. I only came here to get something," he replied.
"Okay, for what exactly?" I asked as he walked over to the drawers.

"I left my lighter here. Chill, I'm not stealing anything. If I were to hurt you, my sister would probably kick my ass. And of course she would. She's spoiled. She's the favourite of our father. That's nothing new,"

"Wait, you don't like your sister?" I asked.
"Of course not. She turned my father into a murderer because she gets everything she wants,"

"Then help me get out of here. I can't stand being here any longer. We can get your sister back too," I hoped for a yes.
"Look, I just need to have the privilege to leave the house and be able to get Jisoo out of the country,"

"I think I have an idea. But I need my friend to be here. He can help us. Come to my room in about 2 hours," Niki nodded.
"But to be clear. His plans are a bit insane. I'll tell my dad you're going to hang out with me. It will only work if Bri supports my ideas. But don't worry. But I want to know what it's in for me?"

"You can get revenge on her. If you get in trouble, I'll have a lawyer who can help you. Just please get me out," I gulped.

𖣘𖣘𖣘