01

"It started snowing, why is my life full of bad luck?" I sighed, walking through the cold and dark streets.

First, I lost my parents when I was 4 years old, Second, I was stuck with my sister to take care of me. Until, she left me, saying she would come back. But would never return, I was only 8 at that time. I haven't seen her for 10 years. I'm tired and I'm hungry.

"This weather is so bad," I took a deep breath and walked to my 'home', although it wasn't such place for me on earth.

How long have I been homeless? Since my sister left? "It's been 3 days since I last ate, what am I going to do," I sat down, under a little shield to protect myself from getting snow all over me.

"I can't go ask the loan sharks for money," I lowered my head. "They're already on my ass, they should be passing by sooner or later, "

Moments have past, I tried looking for a blanket but couldn't find anything to cover myself up.

"Looking for this?"

I looked up and sighed under my breath, seeing the loan shark holding up a fresh blanket and pillows.

"I'll give this to you, if you give me my money," he raised his eyebrows.
"I don't have any money right now," I gulped.

"It's been over a week now Jisoo, I want my money!" he shouted, grabbing me by my hair with his free hands after letting go off the blanket and pillows.

"I know, I'm sorry! I just haven't received any money yet, I can barely have anything to eat," I cried, trying to loosen his grip.

"I wonder who's fault is that. Hand it over, now," he pulled me closer and took out a hand knife.

He brought up the knife to my neck and groaned at me. "I don't have time for this bullshit, over and over again!"

"But, I know for a fact that you're carrying a baby," he smirked, travelling down his knife to my belly. "Maybe, you can pay me back if I just, poke it?"

"No, no, it has done nothing wrong!" I widened my eyes and tried escaping from his grip.

"It's still my child, isn't it? I can do what I want to it," he replied.

I tried moving out of his grip again, but before I realised, his knife pierced through my abdomen.

"Ah! How, could y-you?!" I yelled, grabbing my belly because of the pain, hitting every spot in my body, making me collapse and fall out of the loan shark's grip.

I slowly stood up and started stumbling from contractions, but I ran as fast as I could. My abdomen was bleeding harder and harder, gushing blood over my legs. I kept on running, anywhere safe, maybe with people, far away from the loan shark.

I arrived downtown and turned around, seeing the loan shark run after me. His gang following him, with guns and weapons.

"Shit, please no," I groaned, feeling my legs giving out. I was slowing down and feeling tired and dizzy.

"For my baby, I have t-to," I said, catching my balance with the help of a nearby bench.

"Why are you still trying? You're going to end up dead," I heard the loan shark, he slowed down, knowing he would catch me either way. But I ignored his words and proceeded to run.

I kept on focusing on my legs and belly, not knowing how I ended up in the woods.

I turned around, seeing the loan shark still following me. I decided to keep on running, but it was no use, my blood would leave trails in the white snow.