Two | Cocky

After spending my morning scrubbing every nook and cranny with bleach the people doing the walls and flooring came, we confirmed a few things of how I wanted it all done and they immediately got to work after telling me it'll take 4-6 hours to do. I spent my time fixing the lights in the bathroom and kitchen while they do the main area first.

I check that all the lights that I changed actually worked and I smiled feeling like I was useful and getting somewhere since I fixed a few wires by poking them about and taping them together.

"I'm just going to step out to get the money to pay you guys."

"Okay, we'll be fine here." One of them smile and I nod leaving the building and getting into my car and driving to the bank.

Once I get there I wait in line for a while before it was my turn. I ask for a loan and they ask a few questions before I get given the money in my bank account and I leave once it was finalised.

There wasn't much traffic to be honest which is always good and I went to park outside the shop once I got back. I reversed back a little when another car hit the back of mine and I jolted forward causing the air to be knocked out of my lungs.

I coughed pulling the seat belt away from my chest and sucking in a breath rubbing the area, I looked in the mirror and a black car was behind me and it looked very expensive which made me wince.

I look out my window when I hear a knock and I see a young man dressed in a suit look at me worriedly. I open the door and get out with my hand on my chest and he immediately bows.

"I'm so sorry Miss, I was distracted and didn't see you reversing, I'm very sorry." He bows repeatedly so I grab his arm to stop him.

"It's okay it was a mistake, just watch out next time."

"Yes I will, are you hurt?" His eyes scan my body.

"No I'm fine." I smile and he nervously nods. "You can go now, don't worry." I rub his arm a little before locking my car and making my way into the store but there was a man wearing a suit standing in front of it, staring. "May I help you?"

"Are you the owner of this building?" He asks without turning to me.

"Yeah, why?"

I notice that he's not that much taller than me but he definitely is buffer.

He turns to me with a small smirk. "Good luck with turning it into a successful restaurant and..." He cocks his head to the side, a strand of hair falling over his forehead. "I guess we'll be seeing more of each other."

That's all he says before getting into the car that's behind mine and driving off.

"What the hell was that?" I mumble to myself before going back into the store and seeing the main area just being finished. "It looks so good!" I grin and they all look up to me with a smile. "I'll send you the payment right now." They nod and get back to work which his is doing the hallways, kitchen and bathrooms.

I change the lights in the main room and make sure they work before sitting down on the floor and looking for any notifications on my phone. There was a message from Mish and Hana who were asking me if I wanted to eat with them at Gogi but I declined before getting a call from my father.

"Hello father." I smile to myself.

"Hi darling, I heard that you bought an old store and currently redecorating it."

I raise an eyebrow. "How did you find out?"

"Just from a friend. Anyway, since you'll be in the food industry, when you first open up you'll either have it one of two ways. You'll struggle to get people to come and eat or you'll have people lined up outside your restaurant and become famous."