Marinette smiled to herself. "It's okay...I love spending time with you too."

"You do?" He said noticing how she looked down to hide the blush on her cheeks. He wanted to look into her eyes and he put his hand under her chin to lift her face to his. The blue shined in the moonlight but only met for a second.

"Of course," she said still trying to look away. Then meeting his eyes with a glint, "you're the purr-fect company."

As Marinette laughed at her pun, Chat looked at her lips. It would be so easy to lean in and touch them with his. He wondered if they were as soft as they looked. Then suddenly Marinette quieted and he met her eyes. They were wide and darted down as she bit her lip softly.

"Chat Noir?" She said as a question.

"Yes, Princess?" He said moving just an inch closer.

Her breath caught in her throat and her body reacted without her thinking. Her hand lifted to the soft hair on the back of his neck and she closed her eyes as their mouths met. The butterflies that had been rushing around her stomach seemed to explode in fireworks as she felt herself melt into him.

The feel of her hand on his neck and the warmth from her closeness was intoxicating. Chat's hand on her cheek reached behind her head to pull her closer and his other found the perfect spot on the small of her back. She reacted to his touch with a surprised moan and pulled closer to him. It felt like their kiss lasted forever but when they pulled away it was over too soon.

Chat felt out of breath as he leaned his forehead against Marinette's and looked into her eyes. They were questioning eyes until she saw the handsome smile on her kitty then she smiled too.  It seemed to happen at the same time for both of them, What have I just done? They thought.

Chat backed away letting go of her and missing her already as he took a step back trying to think of something to say.

Marinette missed his warmth and his smell but sat back on her chair looking away trying to think of something to say.

"I should-"

"I should-"

They both said and stopped. Marinette grabbed her drawing pad and looked at Chat, reaching with his hand behind his head grinning.

"You go-"

"You go-"

They started again and then burst into laughter together. Chat gestured to her to speak.

"Thank you, Chat," she said looking down with a blush, "I hope you come again tomorrow."

A wide smile spread across his face and he gave a dramatic and deep bow. He looked up through his messy hair to see her face, "Anything for you my princess."

Floating on a cloud of happiness, he quickly jumped away thinking he had just had the best night of his life while worrying he was the worst of people for tricking Marinette like this

Marinette dropped herself into her bed and face-planted into her pillow. She yelled but in her head, she couldn't tell if it was all from anger or excitement. 

I kissed Chat Noir! It was so amazing! How could you have kissed Chat Noir! You are Ladybug and he is Chat Noir! Wait. Isn't he supposed to be in love with me as Ladybug? Why would he kiss me as Marinette?

"Wow Marinette, you've been laying there for 5 minutes. Don't you need to breathe?" A small voice said.

"Ahaheah" came muffled from the pillow. Then Marinette looked up to see Tikki floating above her. "How much did you see tonight?"

"Just you and Chat Noir looking very close and then all of a sudden you were jumping away like he bit you! Did he bite you?"

"No Tikki, it definitely wasn't a bite," Marinette could only blush. "Doesn't he love Ladybug?"

"Of course he does, but you have been saying he hasn't called you Bugaboo in a long time and he has come to visit Marinette a lot over the past couple of weeks! Maybe he is starting to fall for Marinette too! Isn't it romantic?"

"No Tikki! Well...maybe it is, but I'm lying to him if I let him fall in love with Marinette when Marinette is Ladybug and he fell for Ladybug first...right?"

"Of course not Marinette! If he loves both Ladybug and Marinette, he would be even more excited to find out that you are the same person!"

"I hope you're right, Tikki," She said but didn't add what she was thinking. And what about my love for Adrien? "I guess the real question is when did I start falling for him..."

"I couldn't tell you that Marinette, but I know he's been different since that night in the rain after you were crying

"I couldn't tell you that Marinette, but I know he's been different since that night in the rain after you were crying. That's when you started talking about him like a partner again." Tikki said like she was explaining her favorite part of a movie.

"He's always been my partner..." but her argument died on her tongue.

"Yes, but before that, you always thought of him as a silly sidekick, since then you've been more like trusted partners working as one. It really is so romantic!" Tikki said in a wistful voice.

"But Tikki, I love Adrien! I don't even know Chat Noir."

"Well if you ask me, I'd say you know Chat Noir pretty well and you've barely talked to Adrien."

Marinette didn't like what was being implied by the sweet little bug who usually just supported her. When had she become so opinionated about all of this?