50: Now I understand

Annabeth

I pondered on what James said. I knew he was lying. Amber and Percy were on our side, and James was on End's, Via's and Eirene's side. The problem was – there was no way of proving it to anyone.

"What's on your mind Annabeth?" I heard Piper ask. "You upset that Percy might be a traitor...again?"

"She isn't a traitor. James is." I stated blandly.

"James? How dare you accuse him of being a traitor!" Piper exclaimed angrily, glaring at me.

"We made a mistake of believing lies about Percy before, Piper. Let us not make the same mistake again, or our hope of winning this war will be destroyed." I sighed, dragging my feet through the damp grass. "She's here to stay, now, Piper. I don't want that to change."

"Percy, Annabeth, we're talking about Percy. She chose the enemy over us before. What makes you think that James would lie?" Piper asked in a offended voice.

"Because James raped me many times. He even admitted to working for them." I said, growing irritated.

"He's changed, Annabeth. He would never rape you. It might have been the past, but he loves you. He was you boyfriend, you know." Piper rolled her eyes.

"He still does it, Piper. I don't care whether I used to love him. I don't. He rapes me, Piper. He has the power to do it to a goddess. Think of what End's followers could do!" I exclaimed angrily.

"He may be lying, Annabeth." Piper said sadly. "But you might be too."

I stared at her, as she walked off toward Jason, in disbelief. I guess I know what it feels like to be a 'second choice' now. Just like I had done with Percy.

Percy

I nervously walked in front of the hunters.

"Hey," I stuttered nervously, Amber right behind me. "I'm Percy, and this is my friend –"

"Amber. The name's Amber." Amber smiled cheerily.

"We'll help you all train with blades." I squeaked. 

"Percy?" Thalia walked to the front of the hunters. "Is it really you?"

"Thalia." I stated in distaste. I still remembered how she acted toward me all those months ago. Just like it was yesterday. I turned to Lady Artemis, as she nodded toward me, a light glare evident in her eyes. Almost like she was saying 'I know you're still a male, Percy'. Or something like that.

"We don't need help with weapons." one of the hunters said calmly. I could tell she didn't know I used to be a male. Thank goodness, actually.

"Lady Artemis said otherwise." I smirked lightly. "She personally asked me to help you train - you've become a little sloppy with the knives."

 Percy, stop insulting the hunters. You're supposed to train them, not roast them. Kanus sighed. I nearly burst out laughing, but held myself. I caught Artemis glaring at me. 

Did she know when I was talking with Kanus? That's just weird...and an invasion of privacy. But, who am I to speak? I'm not even a demigod, by now. I'm a mortal. By my choice, of course.

"She's not a male anymore, girls." Artemis announced, looking at me like she was sending a message. "We can trust her, but don't make connections. We wish no too big connections to people outside the hunters during the war."

The hunters voiced their agreements.

"I'm not asking you to." I interrupted them. "All I request is you to be on your best, obedient behavior during the war. Unlike Gaea, we're facing three mind-manipulating goddesses. They won't stop at anything to win this war."

"Three?" Phoebe, one of the hunters I recognized, asked surprisedly.

"Yes. Eirene, Via and End. All three of them are very...persuasive." I said, memories flashing in front of me. I blinked a few times to get rid of them. "Er, and, of course, a series of monsters – both mythical and ancient ones."

"Let's get started." Artemis said coldly, nodding to me. "Let us set up camp for these two...visitors. Then I'll take Percy to Olympus."

"Huh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Zeus requires you to go to Olympus." she answered dully, before turning to her hunters. "Thalia, Phoebe – please find them the tents they need."

They nodded and grabbed tents out of Lady Artemis' tent. I walked up to them, as Phoebe left. Thalia was kneeling by the corners, nailing down the nails into the soil.

"Percy –" she started desperately. "I know what I did was wrong. Please, trust me. I feel guilty. Too guilty."

"I forgive you." I smiled. "But I can't yet forget of how you acted toward me...it is, erm, a painful memory."

"I understand..." she smiled sadly.

"If only." I laughed lightly, sitting down next to her. I saw Artemis look at me angrily, before walking up to us.

"It is time to go, Perseus." she said coldly, grabbing my hand. Without a warning, she flashed me to Olympus.

"Perseus Jackson!" Zeus thundered. 

"Yes, Lord Zeus?" I asked, not bothering to bow.  I could tell he didn't like it. But, though mortal, I don't bow. I ain't gonna bow to nobody.

"As I understand, you have become mortal, have you not?" Hera asked calmly, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed." I nodded. 

"And what powers do you have?" Hermes further questioned, leaning forward.

"I can control water more efficiently, as well as earth. I have more perseverance and strength, though I did choose to permanently be a female." I said, trying to remember if I forgot something.

"She's too powerful." Athena stated blandly, to which a few gods nodded.

"I already swore allegiance to you. As a mortal, the styx is already deadly to me. I can't betray you even if I tried." I rolled my eyes. She glared at me.

'you'll overthrow us. I know you Poseidon's children.' she growled mentally.

'How many, Athena? How many mortals and followers have you punished just for proving you wrong? You're supposed to be wise, Athena. You can't let pride take over, just because someone proved you wrong." I thought. 'I'm a mortal, now. Not even a demigod, because I was disowned. I'm no child of Poseidon. I can't harm you, even if I tried. I have a limited life time. I will become weaker through time – there is nothing to fear.'

 She looked down.

'I-I don't know.' she stuttered, not meeting my eyes. 

"Is she a threat?" Zeus asked, cluelessly looking at Athena. She shook her head immediately.

"No. She's a mortal. She will not harm us." Athena said, nodding to me.

"Are you sure?" Hera asked carefully.

"I wouldn't say it unless I was." Athena stated. Zeus nodded, before turning to me.

"Now, Perseus...what do you know, mortal?" Zeus asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked, scowling at him. He just smiled dominantly. He wanted something. And I didn't know what it was.

Who should Percy fall in love with?

Thanks for reading!

Please comment, vote, share and follow!