40: A Gift

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
~ Terry Pratchett

-----------------------------------------------------------

Percy's pov:

I sighed and stared at the paper in front of me.

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned when Via walked in.

"What is it?" she deadpanned.

"What's our next move?" I dodged her question. She only sighed then motioned for someone to come in. I bit my lip to stop myself from glaring. The demigods we took memories away from.

"Lord." they synchronized, bowing.

"I see." I said, amused. "What are your names?"

"I am Annabeth, this is Travis, Connor, Nico, Will, Clarisse and Katie." Annabeth replied, holding her bow steady. "Lady Via informed us that we are under the control of My Lady Thalia?"

"T- Lady Thalia?" I asked, giving Via a weird look. She nodded.

"They are part of her squad." she replied nonchalantly. I nodded. "You can leave." she added after a moment. They quickly scurried away. "I have a surprise for you, Percy." She said, giving a small smile.

"A surprise? Bad or good?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow, a smile playing on my lips. She called for someone and a man walked in. He held a beautiful creature, it looked like a large rabbit with wings and deer horns. "Wow, what is it?" I breathed.

"She is a Wolperdinger." Via replied, smiling a little. "Her name is Zeta." I nodded, as the man gently put her in my hands. "As for my second surprise..." she trailed off, motioning toward the entrance. I saw two people walk in. 

A girl, about 15 years old, with flawless brown skin and bushy hair. Her eyes were shinning gold, a smile playing on her lips. She wore the same clothes as Thalia, except they were black leather, rather than brown leather with silver details.

The 15 year old boy next to her had white skin and black hair. He was taller than the girl. About 15 centimeters. He wore a hunter's outfit.

"H-Hazel? F-Frank?" I asked. Hazel smiled and hugged me. Frank gave me a hug too. "How are you here?"

"Hades chose to ally with you, since he knows how far you are. He swore and did that jazz, when Via visited him." Hazel answered. I grinned. "Sorry, again, for, um, the...mission a while back, on the Mayan temple."

"I forgave you a long time ago, Haze," I laughed. "So a new ally, huh?"

"Yep! I knew not all of them would stand their ground the whole time!" Hazel laughed. I grinned.

"So, uh, welcome to our camp." I grinned. "Are you fine with sharing a tent?"

"We'd love to." Frank answered, trying to stop grinning - but miserably failing. I chuckled and led them through our camp, with Zeta on my shoulder. "Zeta's adorable." he added on our way.

"Yeah, crazy how something so beautiful can actually exist." Hazel added.

"Percy!" I heard Thalia scream. I turned around just in time to be engulfed in a hug. "We finally have a proper passage to the Void!" I grinned.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah! We're leaving tomorrow!" she cheered. I rolled my eyes at her antics. "My squad and the past-demigods will be going with you, along with Via and Thymos, of course."

"Past demigods?" Hazel asked.

"All the demigods around here aren't demigods. They're primordials now. If you agree, we could make you ones as well." I shrugged with a small smile. They shared a look and nodded.

"I guess we'd stand a better chance." Frank trailed off. I smiled.

"Tell the others to get ready to move." I ordered Thalia. She nodded excitedly and ran off. 

"What should we do?" Hazel and Frank asked, synchronizing. 

"Well, you wanted to be primordials? Might as well." I shrugged. After doing the ritual once again, with Via's help, we did it. Hazel was now the primordial of gems, gold, Chrystals, trust and inner beauty. Frank was the primordial of mammals, leadership and shapeshifters. Once they regained their composure, they immediately bowed.

"No need to bow. You are equal to me." I said, motioning for them to stand up. They stood up and smiled to me.

"We'll get packed." Hazel said, as Via and I left their tent.

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote, share and follow!

Check out my other books as well!