17: Temple

I don't know what they're hiding, but I intend to find out.

Percy's pov: (I'm just keeping it 'Percy' rather than 'Perci' when talking 'bout POV's)

 I hated not knowing stuff. Ugh, I sound like a Athena Spawn. I honestly don't mind being wise, but Annabeth made it sound worse than it is. I hate not knowing about my own self. Thank Hera for helping me. I heard the door behind me opening.

"Styx," I cursed, noticing all the maps of the camps.

"Hey Perc-- what are you doing?" Annabeth shrieked pointing at the maps, "Traitor!" She shouted soon after the rest of the team came.

"Conclusions," I rolled my eyes, "We still need to know where exactly the  'cave' is." I stated, before she could retort,

"E-excuse me?" Annabeth stuttered, seeing what I actually was doing, "Styx," she cursed soon after, but quickly composed her position to her usual over-confident position. She eyed me warily,

"What do you want?" I asked, bored,

"We got the location!" I heard a cheer to my right, I turned and saw Tony grinning and the Avengers nodding with small smiles. I rolled my eyes at his antics,

"It's in Petén Department, Guatemala, the location of one of the many Maya temples." Tony said cheerily, Maya temple? Can't be a coincidence.

"Maya Temple?" Annabeth asked in a bored, but surprised tone,

"Let me guess -- the Maya gods are real too." I stated, annoyed, the shrugged, "I bet 80 drachmas!" I shouted,

"Yeah! If they're not real, you owe me! If they are, I owe you," Leo grinned, taking the chance to try to earn some drachmas. Typical, I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

"So. We're actually quite close," Leo said, trailing off, avoiding eye contact,

"H-how?" Drew asked in disbelief,

"I don't know. I just -- I guess I had a feeling and just went randomly to any spot." He answered,

"We might have to enter the temple, guys, so we need to be ready. We don't know anything about the Maya -- and textbooks won't help." I said, glaring at Annabeth as she opened her mouth to protest.

"Even if the Maya don't exist anymore, maybe there are some curses or something," I added in defense. Annabeth seemed thoughtful for a moment before nodding slowly,

"Yes. Maybe. That's possible." She said thoughtfully, "I wonder if Serenity is even a Greek goddess or god. She or he would be a being of Peace because that's what serenity means." Annabeth continued, scrunching her eyes together. I smiled at her thoughtfulness.

There was a flash and we both turned to see a happy End.

"Hey End!" I greeted cheerily, just as Annabeth drew her dagger and Drew stared in awe.

"Hey Perci! The oath has been taken off, but now Chaos wants me to help you and your fr --...ally's to get to Order's hide-out and destroy him. Hopefully we can, uh, get some answers on you, as I've heard you found out." She said, struggling.

"What's with the secrets?!" I shouted lifting my hands in despair. She giggled and Annabeth smiled cheerily as she sheathed her dagger, quickly accepting that I don't like her like that anymore.

"Well, we all swore on Chaos and on Styx to not tell, since it was...beneficial. Some of your memories were taken, and pretty much the whole Greek World was forced to swear to not tell you about your true being, which took away most of your memories -- not that yours are fake." End explained, her smile faltering at some times.

"Ok..." I sang, "We shall go to the Temple of the Maya! Hoping not to be sacrificed or hunted!" I continued singing in a high pitched voice, causing End, Drew and Annabeth to laugh at my sarcastic enthusiasm (does that even work?).

"Yeah...what if the Maya are alive?" Annabeth asked, turning serious again,

"They aren't. Neither are the Inca, Olmecs or the Aztecs. They all were hunted down or died from European sicknesses. The gods soon died or faded because no one was there to believe in them. The truth is -- gods mainly feed their existence on the believers of them. If the men who believe in their existence die -- then they will fade. That is why most of the Ancient American gods are fully faded, giving the Greek and Roman ones a new existence. Only few of those gods still exist, and they barely can stay alive on those few wild men and women who are now living in the jungles, still sacrificing and believing in them. But it wasn't enough to save all the gods, only 5 survived, and they are weak," End explained sadly.

I could feel my face turn into one of sympathy involuntary. 

Leo looked like he was smacked in the face. It was funny, and for once, Annabeth was awestruck. That girl is NEVER surprised. What I am surprised about, is the fact that Annabeth isn't fan-girling over the new-found knowledge she got from one of the eldest primordial in existence. Imagine if she met a Synaisthímata/Sentiments...that'd be hilarious!

That reminds me, I really want to know whether they know about the Sentiments.

"Hey, guys, do you know who--uh, what the Synaisthímata or Sentiments are?" I asked innocently. End looked at me with a 'now?' look. 

Annabeth froze in her tracks wide eyed, paling significantly. Nico paled even more -- is that even possible?

The rest paled, stopped or stuttered weird things.

"H-how d-do y-you know a-about th-them?" Annabeth stuttered, trying to stay casual and calm, I smirked.

"I knew you were hiding something! Is it something about them? I saw them in the vortex of Tartarus. How do you? Huh? How would YOU know about them?" I asked, shooting questions like bullets.

"I didn't see th-them. They are simply very feared by most of the Greek World. We usually fear of talking about them..." she trailed off looking a little ashamed. Leo nodded, then grinned,

"Like Voldemort from Harry Potter! You know, no one would say his name like *snap* that." he said, but soon shut his mouth when Annabeth glared at him.

"We're here," Jason's voice rang cutting out all our conversations.

I gasped as I saw what was below us. A magnificent temple with stairs, circled by miles and miles of forest-jungle ground.

 A magnificent temple with stairs, circled by miles and miles of forest-jungle ground

Just better looking than the image. Less Ancient Looking, more clean.

Thanks for reading! Like the twist?

Please comment, vote, share and follow!