31: Leviathan

Percy's Pov:

I punched the creature in the face. It was just another hellhound. Tried eating my hand off. Starting to get irritating.

"there you are, Percy!" Reyna grinned, running up to me, "Via's been looking for you, Lady Eirene has information about the next beast,"

"ok, main tent, right?" I asked. She nodded slightly and ran off. I sighed and made my way toward the tent. 

"Lady Eirene, you called?" I asked, she turned around and gave a warm smile,

"yes, I did, Percy," she replied, "I have studied the next prison, and it seems to be...it disappeared, Percy, it's gone. But we will still get a key if we destroy the monster. It's the Leviathan. Feared beasts from ancient times. A sea serpent."

"wow...so we destroy it? How?" I asked after a pause,

"The Leviathan is weak to electricity but resistant to ice and fire. To take down Leviathan, you must use lightning, electricity. Thalia will have to be the one to come with you, maybe even Jason," Lady Eirene replied, "you cannot use water, fire, ice, earth or anything else against it. It is completely immune to it. Be careful, Percy. This is a powerful creature you are facing, underestimate him, you cannot,"

"understood," I replied with a bow, "we will get going,"

She nodded and turned around, using magic to look at the Leviathan closer. I ran to Via,

"Via!" I shouted, turning into a female once more, "get Thalia, Jason and Piper ready!"

"why?" she asked, nodding,

"we are hunting down a sea serpent," I replied staring off into the forest. I whistled loudly calling for Beck while Via got Thalia and Jason, 

"so, what're we facing?" Thalia asked, as she jumped on her antelope,

"sea serpent, the Leviathan. You two will need to use electricity," I replied, before galloping into the woods. They followed me closely behind.

"we're here," I breathed out, as I jumped off Beck.

"well, we better get going, the sooner it's done, the better," Thalia sighed,

"well, do you know where the prison will be?" Via asked,

"there is no, but we should get a key," I answered, "Lady Eirene said so,"

"interesting..." she trailed off, well, she sighed eventually, "are we taking the boat or what?"

"I'm actually not su --" I started, only to be cut off by Thalia's scream, 

"it's got me!" she screamed. I snapped around to see her being dragged by one of the Leviathan's...hands? Tentacles? I'll call it hands.

Immediately I took out my sword and ran to free her, only to fight two other hands. It roared loudly when I chopped one, but it quickly regrew. 

"C'mon!" I shouted at Jason, whom was paralyzed in fear. Soon enough, like a few minutes later, he snapped out of it and started shooting lightning, forcing it to let go of Thalia. 

"so, you know, maybe you should, I don't know, shoot at it?" I suggested innocently to Thalia and Jason, making her look at me in a 'what do you think I'm trying to do?' way. I stuck out my tongue, making her blow a raspberry,

"enough, you two!" Via shouted at us, making us both shut up and focus. Thalia ran at it, shooting big blasts of lightning, while Jason carefully walked forward doing the same. 

"*grunt*" Thalia fell into the ground with a loud thud,

"you 'kay Thals?" I asked, running up to her,

"yeah," she coughed, but stood up and ran at it again before it would hurt Jason. I looked at Via, whom nodded. Together, we can at the Leviathan, intending to distract it.

We did distract it. 

But not the way I wanted to.

It started lashing out at us, as Thalia and Jason worked on making a big enough bolt to kill it.

"Thalia!" I shouted as it swung its sharp claws, nearly removing my head from existence.

"ready! Now, Jason!" she screamed as they let out a huge, blinding lightning bolt at the leviathan. I looked up and saw it swaying around, lightning twitching from side to side. It roared, but still tried to fight. 

Via lifted me with magic, and helped me get high enough to kill it. 

I jumped onto the top of its head. It strangely looked like tree bark, yet moist and reptile scale like. I got ready to stab it, only to duck when two hands came to throw me off. 

It took a while, but eventually I stabbed it. 

With a loud roar it plummeted to the floor.

"the key?" Via asked, "don't tell me we did all that for nothing,"

I walked up to the leviathan, it's teeth were huge, but some were quite loose. For some reason, no questions asked, I reached and pulled one out. 

"huh, here's the key," I smirked at Via, whom looked away in defeat, making Thalia laugh and high-five me, "well, let's get out of here,"

"ok, let's go!" Thalia grinned and jumped on her antelope, as Via and Jason did the same. I grinned and called for Beck, "race ya!"

"hey!" I complained, but she was long gone, racing against Via and Jason. I chuckled and walked up to Beck, "come on, let's go back to camp,"

It snuggled it's snout to my hand making me laugh lightly,

"sorry, but no," a familiar voice said behind me. I bit my lip. I knew that voice. 

Annabeth.

"and why not, Annabeth?" I spat, turning around. She looked like she usually did.

"because, Percy,  you're coming with...us," she said, with a smirk, as Clarisse, the Stolls, Luke and Katie came up from behind her.

"oh, let me guess why your doing this," I said, wanting to mock her, "Ares?"

Luke gave her a jealous, strange look, while she blushed and glared at me.

"no, I don't do it for anyone personally, I'm doing it for Luke, my boyfriend," she smirked, making Luke stand taller,

"wow, poor you Luke, falling for that slut as well," I laughed emotionlessly before turning to them, "and you're not taking me anywhere,"

"yes we are. Go get 'em!" She shouted, as they all started going at me,

"I'm not going," I warned, "you still might have a chance not to call a war on us,"

Annabeth paused but after a good minute, she motioned for them to get me,

"so be it, now, there is no way out of this," I muttered with a small smirk, before I kicked Clarisse in the chest, punched Luke in the face and tripped the Stolls. Then I held Katie hostage, making all of them stop.

"let's do it the hard way then," Annabeth muttered and took out a syringe of some glow-y, clear liquid. 

She suddenly tried pricking it into my arm, but I knocked it out of her arm making her drop it. Catching it, I released the liquid into her arm,

"Via!" I shouted, calling for her help. Annabeth looked up and smirked.

I looked at the syringe and saw it broken, the remaining liquid slowly becoming a visible smoke. I was confused, but couldn't let her see it. 

In a swift movement, she kissed me and the last thing I remember was feeling weak and crumbling to the floor.

Thanks for reading!

Please comment, vote, share and follow!

The Wave of LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara