"Coffee. You promised coffee." She is finally able to focus when our cheeks press together. "You have to be there, it's your responsibility to be there." She then reminds me as her breathing starts to slow to normal. Damn if she isn't right. Breathing her in, it's difficult to let go and step away for her. I grab the nob a little too hard and I can feel it bend slightly while holding open the door and blowing out to the ceiling she giggles as she walks past me. The cold blowing wind towards us causes her to shiver. Bringing her close it got cold quickly, she isn't emitting the same heat wolves do, her temperature fluctuates all night. Making a mental note we will need to go to the pack doctor and ask more questions about this.

Down the path Scotts cabin comes into view. The decorations that once littered the porch have been packed up with winter threatening to hide them under its white blanket. The house doesn't look as warm as it usually does with bright colours and unnecessary show. "This is Scotts and Cheyenne home." calmly telling her the warning. She stops in her tracks, eyes narrowing towards me and lips thinning in a line. Looking away I should have told her sooner but there is no going back now. "He is the Alpha and my best friend. We are going to see them a lot. I know it's hard but we have to all try and get along." Looking back to her I can't help but scratch the back of my neck. The hair is standing up with the glare she is directing my way, "and you have already told him off," trying to smile Sophia crosses her arms. She isn't impressed.

"Who?" She asks, confused.

"Yesterday... At your house."

Her eyes widen with the realisation. "Oh, him." She glances towards the house, "I'm not going to apologise."

"I won't make you but please try to get along." trying to reason slightly with her, she merely hums in response before her face scrunches. "What is that?" She tips her ear to try and hear better turning towards the cabin. I hear the dull sound of a fire alarm buzzing out from it. Sophia covers her nose to the smell of burning food. "Where is that coming from, " her face gags at the rancid smell wafting through the air.

"Their house. Chey must be cooking." Chuckling as I glance over to see smoke starting to come from the kitchen window as she tries to air out their home. Looking back at Sophia, she is staring down at her feet and her voice is soft and confused when she speaks, "how can I smell that?" When she peeks up I can see her grey eyes starting to lighten and darken as a storm wages within them and they grow wider, pulse starts to rise with panic. Placing a hand on her hip her body trembles. "It's your senses starting to heighten. This is normal for us, it'll take time for you to adjust but you'll get used to this. Relax sweetheart, I'm right here with you," reaching up and smoothing my fingers down her cheek, the tip of her tongue darts out to moisten her lips. Looking up to me her eyes seem unfocused, she is dazed. Rubbing my hand up and down her upper arm while softly saying her name, letting my voice grow louder until her eyes flutter close as she steps closer to press her body into mine, nose to my chest and I can hear the intake of breath. "I can smell you" she whispers into me, taking another inhale in. I can't hide the shutter it sends running up my spin. The wolf presses closer to her as he pushes out slightly onto the surface of my skin. Mine. My vision starts to blur the harder he presses against my barriers. Something is stirring low within her, its smell is tangling around me, calling out to him. I have to breathe through my mouth to stop myself but now she is all I can taste on my tongue. Fuck.

Clearing my throat in an attempt to rid the flavour from sinking down to my belly and taking a step back she leans forward to follow my body. A whine rises up and out from the loss in contact before her eyes flutter open. "We need to get going, we can deal with this later." The hot air mixes with the cold air surrounding us forming puffs of vapours to rise thick and heavy; we both pant trying to gain control. Sophia's face is red with heat, eyes swirling with the mix of grey before a storm. The way she is looking at me I'm about to come unglued. I have to turn away and shut my eyes, deep breaths in and out of my mouth, the cold air still isn't enough to cool this heat. The smells in the air aren't enough to cover her pungent aroma. I can feel her gaze fall away from my face when she takes a step back. Glancing back she is looking away. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me" her face is redder with embarrassment.

"It's natural, come on" reaching out my hand waiting for Sophia to take it her body still trembles. She takes another minute to calm her body, slowly placing her hand in mine. Lacing our fingers, I lead her the rest of the way to their house. The sound and smell grows stronger with every step taken to the front door. Sophia covers her nose once again when I open it and the burning smell is overwhelming but not as overwhelming as the alarms blaring out in warning of fire. She quickly places her hands over her ears grimacing from the pain it's causing. I remember the first loud sound I heard with full grown senses, like a pounding against your ear drums distorting your balance and sight. Everything blurred causing my body to panic and letting the wolf break free in aggressive defence. Watching Sophia, her chest is heaving. Leaning my forehead against hers our eyes meet and there is a shine to them. Trying to mouth the words 'follow me' she nods her head slightly.

Cheyenne sits hunched over with her face in her hands on a barstool at the counter in the kitchen. Her body is shaking. Greyson sits in his high chair screaming with his hands over his ears while Dusty runs laps in the kitchen mimicking the alarm. "Fire! Weewooweewooo!" He calls, stopping in front of me and pointing to the billowing smoke coming from the sink. Sophia rushes over to turn off the water before it overflows and grabs a towel, trying to force the smoke out the open window. I go to the dining room and get a chair to stand on to reach the tall ceiling and get to the smoke detector. My ears still ring even after pressing the button and turning it off, focusing in and out before getting off the chair. The small pup still cries loud from his chair.

"Stop it." Dusty steps on his tippy toes and places two of his small hands on the high chairs tray, scrunching his forehead in an attempt to look mean. Greyson picks up his spoon to hit his brother in the nose and they now both scream. Chey places her head against the counter, her sobs growing louder as her body shakes with more vigour.

Shifting from one foot to the next I'm growing uncomfortable. It's clear Scott isn't here. Sophia looks to me , nudging her head in Cheyenne's direction, mouthing "do something". Glancing to her my eyes dart back to the two pups wailing. Walking over and bending down in front of the oldest who is tantruming on the floor, "alright, enough Dustin, " the name now feels strange to say out loud, reminding me once again of what I have been avoiding and I have to grip my jeans to steady myself in the moment. The pup doesn't relent, his whimpers are exaggerated as he continues. "Quit it. Get up and go get ready, you are coming with me and your dad for the day." Dusty shuts his mouth but the tears still stream down his face. "Dry it up, go get dressed." He pulls up his shirt showing off his stomach and wiping his face before darting off to his roam. Grey still remains in his seat, sounding out hitting his spoon off the table. "I got it" Sophia places her hand on my shoulder before picking up the little one. I don't miss the way she smells deep with a small smile to herself. Looking me up and down her mind drifts before the pup tugs at her jacket sleeve as he hollers loudly. Bouncing and pacing the kitchen she hums soft and low in his ear. His cries turn to small whimpers and gasps as he settles into her, tugging at her hair. Her smile grows as she nudges her head closer into him.

I could get used to seeing this at home.

Peeking back to Cheyenne she has made no attempts to move or stop her weeping. Glancing back to Sophia she is watching me with a smirk pointing to the female at the counter before walking away. "Let's find your brother and get you both ready for the day," she coos, holding his small hand in hers and tickling his neck. His giggles are loud and he snatches his hand away trying to pinch her in his attempt to tickle her back. Pretending to laugh and squirm she takes the stairs one at a time leaving me alone to speak with Cheyenne. I rather follow her, watch every move she makes with great interest. Something to discuss when we revisit what happened outside. I feel my lip quiver when it moves upwards. It's hard to focus on the task at hand when Sophia has thoughts swirling in her mind. Why isn't Scott here?