"I dunno about keeping horses but you know now you won't have to go so far to enjoy this. Only have to step out onto the back porch." looking back down at her she is already looking at me as those gray sea eyes dig into mine as the thought settles in. "I still have to go to work every day. I wouldnt get to just hang out as I wanted to."

"Could work in the pack," putting out the suggestion that's been on my mind since we had met.

Sophia only snorts at the suggestion, "pretty sure a vet isn't needed 'round here." her smile turns crooked in the corner of her mouth as she starts to tease, "critters are meals for y'all,"

"There is the medical clinic, could start there," my hand comes up to push away her hair from her face as the wind kicks up around us. Sophia's eyes dart back and forth as a nervousness starts to settle in them. "Cage, I don't know how I feel about that."

Taking her hands into mine and holding them firmly in front of us Sophia chooses to focus on them, not meeting my eyes as guilt starts to rise in her. "Soph, it's only a thought. Nothing you have to commit to, not now." A silence settles around us, only broken by the songs of nature surrounding us. Looking around, I tug her to follow me as I walk to a raspberry bush, plucking the last few berries from it; the deer must have missed these. They look ready to eat and I hold my hand out for her to take them. Sophia raises her brow cautiously taking one from my hand before smelling it and bringing it to her lips.

"They are perfectly fine to eat. Really think I'd feed you poisonous berries?"

Sophia lips tugs up at the corner again and she winks at me as she takes another, gradually pressing it past her lips and sucking her finger tip slowly in a show, "wouldn't be as fun if I wasn't giving you shit about it." Her finger reaches under my chin, pressing it closer as she nips her finger tip while pulling it from her mouth before she sidesteps around me to walk towards the cabin as it comes into view and I have to catch up with her.

Chuckling as I watch her look over the small cabin, walking towards the front of the house I go towards the back sliding door, whistling to her. She Gives me an odd look as she glances around. "You go through the back door?" she asks as she cautiously comes closer to me.

Laughing and shaking my head, "we are not guests. We come through the backway"

She narrows her eyes and I return it with a cheeky grin while stepping inside, "what if there are intruders? Don't you lock your doors?" she crosses her arms and I laugh more. "Nah, no need. I hear there's wolves in these woods." winking at her before tugging her inside with me. She presses in closer to me as I smell a slight nervousness settling over her. Leaning down while smoothing my hand down over her back. "Relax, she won't bite."

"Cage, seriously. What if she doesn't like me?" she mumbles as her fingers start to tug and fidget with the edge of my jacket. Deep thoughts start to sink into her as she ponders all the negatives at the moment of what may happen. This is all a new experience for her and it is starting to consume her. Cupping her face she's chewing at her lip, tearing into it and I have to pull it free with my thumb before I can press a small tender kiss to it.

"Don't hide or be shy, just be you. That's the female I love and she will too, trust me."

I hear the floor creak as Grams comes closer wiping her hands on a dish cloth before hanging it on the stove door. "Well, don't stand out in the cold, come in and let me see ya," she says and I stand aside taking Sophia's jacket from her and hanging it before taking off my own while Grams steps up in front of her and her smile is kind and welcoming. "Sophia, this is my grandmother, Valorie. Grams, this is my mate, Sophia." I can't hide the surge of pride I have as my chest puffs out as I make the introductions between them. I have wondered and tried to picture how this moment would go.