24.

"Come on Nyla. It's not even that bad."

Nyla kicked the edge water as she pouted.

"It'll get in my locks I just cleaned them."

Wayne shook his head as he moved past her. "No I just cleaned them."

Nyla rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

It's been almost the end of the two months divorce agreement and the bond between the two have become peaceful.

*I'm changing the 4 month divorce into 2 months. For book chapter purposes.*

The two of them are spending private time alone with each other in a beach home they rented out for the next few days. With only each other's company, Darci recommended It'll bring the two of them closer. Which in fact it did.

Wayne took off his shirt and got in the ocean water.

"Come on stop standing there pretty and get in the water!"

"No!" Nyla then grabbed her rubber hand and prepared to wrap her locks into a bun. "Besides, I like it over he-Wayne!"

Wayne held a smirk on his face as he grabbed Nyla off the sand and preceded to run into the water.

"Wait wait wait I didn't even finish wrapping my l-

Wayne threw Nyla into the salty water and bursts into laughter as she emerged with anger in her eyes.

"Wayne!"

Nyla tried throwing the water at the cackling asshole who ruined her moment.

"You messed up my hair!!"

"It'll wash out anyway."

Nyla cupped water in her hands and threw it over Wayne's hair. "Really? Then you should have fun washing it put of your hair too!"

"Nyla!"

Nyla mocked his tone. "Wayne!"

Nyla then chased Wayne out of the water as the two of them laughed and joked about. Moments later as Nyla was throwing sand at him Wayne stopped to rub his eye which made Nyla topple over him. Making the two of them fall onto the sand laughing.

"Did you really have to tackle me like this? I promised to clean your hair."

Nyla pinched his arm annoyed as she leaned on his body. "You ruined my hair regardless. I'm still mad."

Wayne rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Well we don't want that then do we?"

"Shut up!" Nyla laughed in his arms as the two of them stared at each other. It's been a while since the two of them held each other and looked at each other like this. Close in each other's embrace without bickering and just taking in each other's features.

Nyla stared at Wayne who stared up at her laying on the sand. She remembered the first time they kissed it was also a similar situation in the flower field. But unlike then, this time Wayne doesn't feel so distant. She can look into his eyes and see his eyes have become more softer and his facial expression has become more relaxed. Even his tone towards her is delicate.

"Would this would've been our marrige?"

"What?" Wayne stared up at the vulnerable eyes of Nyla.

"Would... would our marrige have been this way if we did it right from the beginning?"

Wayne felt his heart slam. For so long he closed so much of his emotions and now he's getting to the end of his marriage with Nyla he always wondered. Would their marrige been better if he did it right first? He didn't expect Nyla to think that way also.