xvii. silverfinger

Start from the beginning

     "Not particularly, no."

     "You think he knows what they are?" Scott asked desperately. "Or what they want?"

     "Maybe..."

     "What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asked.

     "What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac added as well.

     "He'll remember this," Argent replied, bringing out a cloth, slowly revealing what seemed to be a broken masks— one that belonged to one of the shadows.

     "Did you—" Amelie gestured a gun with her hand.

     "I know I didn't kill it— I'm not sure you can," Argent said. "But, I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there."

     "What was behind the mask?" Scott asked curiously.

     "Darkness..." Argent said, she could imagine that the memories were flickering through his head. "Absolute darkness."

     After a while, Scott decided to leave so he could grab Kira and try to prevent the shadows from attacking them. He had a plan— he said, but Amelie had a bad feeling about it.

     "The real problem is Katashi doesn't see visitors—ever," Argent explained, as he started talking about his plan to talk to Katashi. "He's a paranoid recluse who rarely steps outside the gates of his estate."

     "Sounds lovely," Amelie mumbled. "So, how are you going to get to him?"

     "Oh, he's got a thing for rare, antique weapons," The ex-hunter stood up to his closet full of weapons. "Yesterday, I had some contacts put out the word that I was selling one from my own collection..." Turning around, Argent revealed a box— opened to show a vintage pistol.

     "This is a French flintlock turnover pistol from 1645."

     "You're not going alone," Allison said firmly, making Isaac nod. "If she's going, I'm going."

     "I'm definitely not staying here alone, so count me in, too," Amelie shrugged.

     "To be honest, I don't feel good about bringing any of you," Argent said warily. "Look, they were looking right at Scott when the sun came up," Isaac said, trying to show how big of a threat this was.

     "Well, that doesn't necessarily mean he's the one they're going after," Amelie shrugged.

     "But, if he is?" Isaac raised a brow making the girl turn to Argent.

     "If he is, that might only leave us 'til nightfall to come up with a way to protect him."

     "All right. Let's go see if a paranoid Yakuza wants to put another gun in his collection," Amelie said, clapping her hands together excitedly.

🥰

     Seated in the backseat next to Isaac, Amelie was now filled with mixed emotions— both dread and excitement ran through her veins. Not only about what lies ahead, but also because Stiles hadn't called her back since the night before.

     "Hey, Stiles," She said to his voicemail. "Just checking up on you, Scott told me you're at the hospital. Call me when you wake up, okay?"

     Sighing, she ended the voicemail, glancing to Isaac, who had a smug smirk on his face. "What's that for?" She chuckled. "You like him a lot, don't you?" Isaac said softly.

     "I guess," Amelie shrugged. "It's just not the time to do anything about it, I think." And she wholly believed that— because with all the threats surrounding her and her friends, the last thing she wanted was to be in a relationship, it just made sense in her mind.