22.

Next Day.

"I know you tired man, I got you some water. Anything else I can get you?" And office placed a glass of water down in front of Dayvon, and he kept his eyes on his hands.

"Niggas think I'm slow assum'. You want my fingerprints, get a warrant or suck a dick." He ran his hand through his dreads, tired of being there.

"Confess. We know that you did it."

"So why I ain't locked up? Get the fuck out my face with that bullshit man." He waved him off, slouching in his seat, the same seat he'd been sitting in for over twenty hours.

"Ace, I got this." Another man walked inside, and the officer looked at Von, before exiting the interrogation room.

"Have you been made aware of your rights, Mr.Bennett?" The detective sat across from him, and Von didn't respond.

"Well, I'm hoping that you have. I'm Detective Lawrence, and I was appointed to this case by the family members of Nau'Jour Grainger. Familiar with the name, or Toosii?" Lawrence met his eyes, and again, Von remained silent.

"I want my phone call, and my lawyer. Fuck around and sue y'all asses, I been here a whole ass day, and mufucka's ain't got no charges against me. Let me get my phone call." He tilted his head, and Lawrence stared at him for a few seconds, before standing up, gesturing him to follow him.

Von stood from his seat, stretching his body out as he followed him out of the room, over to a wall of phones.

He gave him the number for his lawyer, and once Lawrence walked a few feet away, Von grabbed the phone from the hook.

He dialed Jayda's number, twisting his dread around his finger, listening to the dialing tone.

"Baby?" She answered, and he blew out a sigh of relief, a breath that he didn't even realize he was holding.

"I'm here fat mama. You mad at me?" He asked, and he could hear her sniff on the other end, making him sigh.

"No. Do they have anything on you, when can I come and get you?" She mumbled, wiping her face.

"I don't know yet. I won't be long though baby. What you doin'? You okay?"

"Yeah. I just miss you. I hate being by myself. I want you home." She told him, trying not to cry.

"I miss you too. You spoiled as hell, you know that?" He chuckled, and she laughed, making his smile grow.

"It's your fault." He could hear her smile as she spoke, and that made his heart swell.

"Did you eat? You feed my babies?" He asked, and she chuckled.

"Yeah. Dess brought us Denny's. She's asleep with Papa next to me, right now."

"She wanna be me so bad. That's why ion like her ass now." He shook his head, and she laughed again.

"Don't play with my best friend. How you holding up though? What are they saying?"

"I bet I be home by tomorrow. Maybe later today. Folks 'nem ain't got shit on me. I ain't did shit, they ass tripping." He shrugged, and she chuckled, shaking her head at him.

"I miss you so much. Do you need like, money on your books? Do you even have books yet? Are they being mean to you, because I'll come up there and act a f-."

"Jayda, shut yo scary ass up." He cut her off, and she busted out laughing, making a koolaid smile plaster on his face.

"I can't even fake tough now? That's crazy. Well, if it's some girl officers tryna get at you, you need to tell me. I'm on folks ass." Her accent slipped out, and he laughed, rolling his eyes at her.