4.

Two Days Later.

"Damn nigga, is you good today?" Von's engineer, DJ, asked, pausing the beat that was playing, and Von snatched his headphones off, frustrated.

"Shit nah. My brain every fucking where except on music right now." He shook his head, grabbing his styrofoam cup that just contained vanilla flavored sprite, dipping from it. He hated drinking from the bottles.

"What's it on? Ya bitch ain't give you none or somethin'?" He chuckled, and Von bucked at him, making him laugh.

He wasn't worried about Misharron at all. In fact, he never ever was. He didn't give a fuck what she was doing or who she was with because he wasn't with her. He used her for head from time to time, and she used him for money. It worked for them.

His mind was on Cyncere and Jayda. She still hadn't spoken to him since standing him up for lunch two days ago.

She had told him they could meet at Panera Bread, and he was waiting there for an hour, hoping she'd show up despite her ignoring his calls and texts.

It hurt his feelings, and he thought he'd brushed it off, but he hadn't been able to focus solely on anything since it happened. He just wanted to see Cyncere.

He couldn't lie like he didn't want to see Jayda as well. He missed her way more than he let own, and though it hurt his feelings knowing that she damn near hated him, he knew that he deserved it.

What he did was wrong, and he regretted it everyday, but he didn't understand how they were supposed to get past it for the sake of their kid if she wouldn't even meet with him to talk.

He also didn't like how she was acting as if he was the only one wrong in this situation. She had hid his child from him for almost three years. Regardless of what he'd done, he felt like those were very extreme measures.

He just wished he could go back in time and do it right with her. They were doing good for so long, it was always just the two of them, and then he let another life get ahold of him and he'd completely lost sight of priorities. He regretted that a lot.

"Nah. Some other shit. Lemme try again though, run it back." Von put his headphones back on at the same time his phone buzzed in his pocket.

He pulled it out as the beat started, seeing that Jayda had finally texted him back, and a small smile fell over his face at the message as he texted back-relieved.

"Say Chop, I gotta go. I'm come back and finish probably tomorrow, I'll let you know." Von grabbed his hoodie after taking the headphones off.

"Somebody got yo lil dumb ass crashing out man." He laughed, dapping him up, and Von shrugged, chuckling.

He left after talking with him a few more minutes, getting in his car and leaving the studio building. His phone rung, and he watched Asian's contact flash across the screen.