15.

A week later.

"Did I do something?" Von frowned, watching Jayda maneuver around Cyncere's room at her house, packing him a bag.

"No." She mumbled, pulling his dirty clothes from the bag she had and put them in his hamper, placing new outfits inside.

"So why you actin' like this wit' me ma? What's wrong?" His eyes followed her around the room, and she looked over at him.

"Nothing. There's nothing wrong. Stop asking me that please." She said, and he nodded even though he could very obviously tell that something was wrong.

After she finished packing his bag, she gave it to him, and he shifted Cyncere who was asleep on his chest, taking the bag from her.

Jayda led him out of the room, heading for her front door, gesturing him to walk out first. She watched as he laid Cyn in his car seat, and she leaned over to kiss his face.

"Bye bye mommy." He mumbled, and she smiled, pecking his lips.

"Bye Papa. I'm gonna miss you." She rubbed over his braids, her heart fluttering as she watched his face frown up while he yawned.

"You go with me and daddy please?" He asked, and she chuckled.

"Not right now Papa. Maybe later, okay? I'm waiting for Nana." She said, watching as he pouted.

"I no want Nana." He mumbled, and a low sigh left her lips. He'd drifted away from Nau'Jour lately and she didn't know why.

"I will go with you and daddy tomorrow. We can go to Chuck E. Cheese." She told him, and his pout was replaced with a smile, making her smile as well.

After giving him another hug, she buckled him in, closing the car door, then turned to face Von.

"Why he don't like him no more?" He asked, curious. He didn't want Cyn to be around Toosii if he didn't like him, he didn't care that he was with Jayda. Cyncere came first.

"I'm not sure. I'll talk with him when he comes home." She rubbed her hands down the tights she wore, and his eyes raked over her figure.

"What happened to you?" A frown placed on his face, grabbing her arm to look over the bruise on her wrist.

"Boy move." She pulled away from him, and he stale faced her.

"Jayda I'm not in the mood to play with you. What happened? Don't lie to me." He said, and she rose an eyebrow.

"Nothing important." She brushed it off, and his frown deepened.

"I find out that nigga touching you and I'ma kill him. I put that on my son life. You would tell me if he was, right?" He looked down at her, and she looked elsewhere, avoiding his gaze.

"I'm not being abused Cyn. Damn." She folded her arms across her chest, a small frown placing upon her face.

"I didn't say you was. But even if it's emotional wise, don't let nobody play with you. I don't want nobody to ever do you how I did you. Don't go through that again. I know I ain't the best person to be hearing that from, but I'm serious. You deserve more than anybody could ever give you."

"So if something was happening wit' him, I want you to tell me. You still my best friend and you the mother of my kid. I'm not gone let nobody play wit' you. Folks nem' a die if they fuckin' wit' you. Aight?" He searched over her expression, and she wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug.

"Don't let nobody play wit' you mama. I'm serious." His voice rasped out, hugging around her waist, and she nodded. She was tired of people playing with her too.