Aaron Ramsdale- safespace

You and Aaron broke up only 2 months ago, you cut all contact after a few weeks and it wasn't helping either of you. Your breakup was due to busy schedules which caused tension and arguing and it only got worse.

You still keep up to date on how his games have gone, being a gunner growing up meant you and your family always watched so you always knew how he was doing.

It's been very hard for you getting over this breakup, it takes time yeah but it's harder then you thought.

And the same goes for Aaron, after 3 back to back losses with Arsenal he's been low and all he can think about if how you used to comfort him and show him so much love when he was down. He thinks about you 24/7 as do you.

After a long week full of shit you decided to have a chilled evening in watching some tv, your mind was elsewhere wondering what Aaron was up to, thinking about the times you have together on a Friday evening cuddling on the sofa watching movies was enough to make you start sobbing, after a week like this week all you wanted was to be in his arms.

Your thoughts began to wonder on the idea of going to his house, which you once shared together, but you knew you shouldn't.

Eventually after an hour of crying your intrusive thought got the best of you and you slipping on a hoodie that used to be his and a pair of grey joggers and got in the car.

You drove down the road you know all to well, and little did you know Aaron wanted nothing but you see you right now.

You didn't park in his driveway but just down the road a little, you walked up the pathway before feeling like turning back. You took a deep breath and looked around you remembering times you had together.

You knocked the door, tears still falling as you did.

You waited, wiped some tears away and sniffled a few times. You heard the door unlock, un sure where to look you kept your head looking at the floor.

The door opened.

"Y/n?" He said shocked

You looked up and him, your face in pure pain as you saw him looking just as upset as you.

You didn't speak and neither did he. You kept eye contact for a few minutes reading each others faces before he opened his arms signalling you to come hug him.

So you did, basically launching yourself at him and held on like never before. You cried into him and he stroked your back gently telling you it's okay.

He shut the door and walked you both over to the sofa.

Sitting down you faced him with your legs crossed, looking at your hands.

"Look at Me" he said

You looked up and he studied your face.

"Your breaking my heart y/n" he said his voice breaking as he did like he was going to cry any minute.

You shook your head "im sorry" you said trying not to cry

"No don't apologise" he said sincerely

You stayed looking at each other for a few minutes more.

"I just needed you today" you said crying a bit more

He smiled a little, "I need you too, more then you even know. I've been thinking about you all week but I never came because I didn't think you would be feeling the same"

You looked at him quite shocked hearing them words.

"C'mere" he said putting his arm out so you can lay on his chest.

He stroked up and down your arm as you enjoyed each other's company.

"I don't like seeing you like this" he said

"I don't like seeing you like this either" you sighed

He shook his head "why are we doing this"

You sat up and looked at him again.

"We know why" you said

"No, why did we give up so easily. Look at us y/n! We are both a mess we need each other why didn't we work harder for us" he said

"I don't know" you shrugged "maybe deep down there's a reason we didn't" you said sniffing

"Well there's no reason to me, unless there's a reason for you I don't understand why we've done this" he said

You stayed silent not knowing what to say.

He got up to get a drink.

"Do you want anything?" He said

You shook your head "im gonna use the loo"

He nodded

You walked through into the bathroom, as you walked down the hallway you saw pictures of you both still dotted around, you had one of you and him still in your new flat even though you weren't together.

You finished in the the bathroom and walked back to the lounge, Aaron was standing waiting for you.

"You okay" he said

You nodded "you?"

He nodded back

He walked over embracing you in another hug.

"I don't know what's going to happen from here, what you want, what I want, what's best for us. But what I do know is that I love you. And that's not going to change" he said

You looked up at him, grabbing his face you pulled him in for a kiss. For both of you it was like fireworks were going off.

All stresses in your bodies slowly melted away with each kiss you shared.

It was like uneasy feelings and finally become nothing and you get safe again.

You pulled away, Aaron still held you close.

He smiled and you returned it.

"I love you" you said

"I love you too baby" he said

And standing there together, in your home, you realised you were each others safe space.