nineteen.

«Izuku»

"Thank you all for coming, I'll inform you as soon as she wakes up..." I whisper, to everyone here.

They nod, both her club and home friends, saying their last goodbye. As much as they want to, we can't all stay here.

So, as soon as they're all out I go back inside the hospital room, closing with as much silence as I can, looking right after at that small body lying on that bed. If the doctor herself hadn't told me it's just a deep sleep, I could've sworn she was in a coma.

We've been here for a few hours now, without any news, Kacchan went to get us some coffee and make it for the night, just in case it's necessary to stay.

However, he doesn't take long to be back, getting inside with as much silence as possible.

"Nothing yet?" He whispers, coming here, sitting with me.

I shake my head. "Nothing."

He purses his lips, sighs deep, and so looks at her there, never taking his eyes off.

However, I do.

I do, to look at him so.., attentive, worried and anxious for someone. That's just.., so hard for me to process. I mean, those three words were something impossible to describe in him some years ago.

I don't know if Kacchan has feelings for her, but something inside tells me he indeed does.

And.., for some reason.., it feels good to think so.

"What are you thinking about, Kacchan?" I whisper.

"Nothing special" He answers. "You?"

"I was thinking about you, actually."

Damn, that sounded kind of gay.

"I mean" I say, letting out a nervous giggle when his head turns right away at me. "It's just... you look... so unlike you."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.., you look just so worried."

"You think I can't worry or what?"

"No, I know you do" I nod, I know firsthand that. "But your face is screaming that so hard today, that's what's weird."

He frowns, but says nothing, turning his eyes back forward, taking a sip of coffee.

I could swear he gained all the courage to, at least, murmur to me; "I am worried. She... she saved my life..."

"And with energy itself, huh?" I say, smiling so big, looking at him there nodding. "Can you imagine the face she'll have as soon as she wakes up?"

He smiles, a small tiny one, but changing his mood with just it.

We haven't been like this, alone, just on our own since all this whole mess happened, so.., in the middle of the silence, I take on the chance to properly talk to him about this.

"How are you, Kacchan?"

He takes a moment, seems to think on the answer, even though he gives a very simple one.

"I'm better" He murmurs. "Everything calmed down now, so.., yeah."

"What about you? Are you calm?"

"If I'm honest.., no. I.., I need her to open her eyes. I can't be calm if I she can't first."

This is exactly what I mean when I say he may have some feelings for her. And the thing is.., regardless of the fact they're now such a good friends.., I still feel like he treats her so different from somebody else.