thirteen. part one.

"What about this one?" I ask, pointing at the photo.

Mitsuki takes a glance in the mirror, smiling as soon as she knows which one I'm talking about. "Oh, that was when we went to the mountains, right, Inko?"

She nods, smiling too when she sees it too, keeping on combing her own hair.

I was the first one to finish because I was also the one they both helped out to be ready. They said it's a cultural thing to put on something called yukata to go to those festivals, so they asked if I wanted to wear one too. I didn't want to be impolite or anything, so just agreed, even though I know the men would go in normal clothes. It's weird, yeah, but.., it's actually really pretty this one.

It's more comfy than what I thought, if I'm honest. What actually scares me the most are the sandals, they look deadly as fuck, I'd for sure fall on my ass if I run on these.

"They were like.., twelve or so" Mitsuki says, doing her makeup. "Katsuki loves to go to the mountains. He didn't love the idea of us taking Izuku, that's why he looks that angry on the photo. God, those times were the hardest, when they were about to enter middle school".

"Was it hard? Why?"

I know Bakugo asked her not to over-say anything, though I hope she knows what exactly he doesn't want me to know, because, otherwise, she's not giving a damn, she told Inko to lend me her photo album to entertain me since I was ready almost one hour ago.

I guess she knows what she cannot say.

"At that time Izuku and Katsuki didn't.., you know, like to hang out". She says. "It was becoming usual for us, and we didn't have a problem with it cause they knew how to behave in front of us. However, when they both got into the same middle school again, Katsuki started to change. He got those stupid friends who made him be ruder than usual. He was mean, rude, even aggressive. Jeez, I'm even ashamed to say that brat was my son".

I smile a little, trying to be empathetic. "We're all like that in middle school. Puberty is.., kind of shitty".

She chuckles a bit, and stops moving for two secs, like thinking about it. At the end she just sighs, and keeps on as she says; "I hope it was just that. Katsuki did terrible things in middle school. And Izuku had the worst part of it".

I immediately frown, and my heart feels something when I hear that. Not being able to control my mouth, I just.., ask: "Did he do something to him?"

And.., even though it was a question that needed a simple yes or no.., this is not the case.

In one single blink, the entire atmosphere changed, or... at least, that's how I felt it when Mitsuki saw Inko, like.., waiting for a confirmation to talk about her son.

As soon as Inko looks back at her, and smiles a little to nod, I know whatever being said, will definitely be hard for all of us; to say and to hear.

I know it for sure as soon as she begins.

"He did." She whispers, the pain in each of her words. "Katsuki.., bullied him, basically. He treated him so bad, he called him useless, stupid, he.., used to have even a personal insult for him by calling him quirkless. He pushed him, yelled at him, intimidated him, sometimes even hit him. One time Inko had to come to my house crying because she found Izuku's uniform burned off his shoulder, and that was it for me, I wasn't taking his shit anymore".

» "That day I was ready to scold him like never before, I was willing to threaten him to move out of the city so Izuku could be away from my own son, but.., but something happened instead. And.., I don't know if it was a stroke of luck, destiny or karma itself but.., that day, Katsuki was attacked by a villain".