Silent Scream: Part 2

Previously:

She took a step forward, and she took another step forward, and she fell.

Now:

As Marinette was falling, it felt as though time slowed down. Marinette held a content smile on her face as she fell, awaiting to be met with the cold, hard, concrete.

What she didn't expect to hear was someone call out to her and a flash of light.

"Marinette!!" A males voice called out. Marinette managed to make out who the voice belonged to. Adrien. Next thing she knew Adrien had caught her and the both of them were swinging to safety.

Marinette kept her eyes closed for a little while longer, but she could feel Adrien's tears on her shoulder as he held her tightly, sobbing his heart out and mumbling sorry over and over.

Jagged and Penny ran up to Marinette, the public finding out about Marinette being their adopted daughter be damned. As did Marinette's friends. They didn't crowed her, but they stood close enough to her to be there with her.

(A few minutes earlier)

Luka, Kagami, and Adrien were pacing around Paris looking for Marinette. They had been leaving calls and messages for the last three hours and no response was given by Marinette. Chloe, having enough of not getting any answer, left to go to the bakery to see if she was there. But that was ten minutes ago.

Suddenly they saw Chloe running towards them with a mixed expression of horror, anger, disgust, and worry. A piece of paper in her hand, Jagged and Penny following behind her.

"Quick, we must get to the Eiffel Tower right now!" Chloe said hurriedly as she made it to them and began dragging them towards the Eiffel Tower.

"What's going on?" Adrien asked concernedly.

"Marinette's going to jump off of the Eiffel Tower, now come on before we're too late!" Chloe hurriedly responded. Kagami, Luka, Adrien, Jagged, and Penny picked up the pace even more and they were heading towards the Eiffel Tower at break neck speed.

(A couple minutes later)

They arrived at the Eiffel Tower and started looking around. They spotted Marinette, who was already at the top.

"We need to be quick!" Chloe exclaimed.

"I'll go. There's no way I'm going to stand around and see my sister attempt suicide, my identity be damned." Adrien said sternly and ran and started his way up the Eiffel Tower as fast as he could, but being careful as to not fall.

When he got to the top he got there just in time to see his sister take a step forward, another step forward, then fall.

Adrien ran and jumped off the Eiffel Tower after his sister.

"Plagg, Claws Out!" Adrien shouted. He was now Chat Noir.

There were fearful shrieks but he ignored them. He reached his hand out towards Marinette and called out to her.

"Marinette!" Adrien called out, and caught her, they then swung to safety and went down to the other's.

As the two safely landed on the ground with the other's, Marinette laid there with her eyes closed as Adrien hugged her tight, sobbing, his tears falling onto her shoulder, while mumbling sorry over and over.

Chloe, Kagami, Luka, Jagged, and Penny came up to them, they didn't crowed the two, but we're close enough to be there with her.

Tears were falling from everyone in the area. What could have happened to cause Paris's Sunshine Pixie to attempt suicide?