Veins of Fire and Ice

Comenzar desde el principio

"Since you and the generals disappeared to that strange planet, you've been different. We wanted to know if there's any way we can help you?" Cody explained.

"Oh?" Ahsoka raised an eye marking.

"You haven't been eating or sleeping and there's something... else," Rex pointed out. "Is something bothering you?" There was an obvious answer for that one, but Rex ignored that.

Ahsoka's face fell. "You didn't tell Kix, did you? Then, yes, I could certainly use some help. I need a one-way ticket to Dagobah before he skins me alive."

"We didn't tell Kix," Cody chuckled. "He's the medic, he already knows everything."

"Oh, Force, help me."

"Don't worry, Kid," Cody turned serious again. "But there's something else up and that's for sure. Something is different about you and it's wrong. You've gone without sleeping and eating before, but this is new."

"I know," Ahsoka whispered, curling into herself. "I noticed, too."

Rex and Cody exchanged a worried look.

"What do you mean?" Rex asked.

"I don't know," Ahsoka admitted. "Nothing makes sense and I can't explain it no matter how much I want to."

"So, what exactly happened on this planet?" Cody questioned.

"That's the thing," Ahsoka shuddered. "Something happened and a huge piece is missing. But Anakin and Master Kenobi refuse to tell me."

"You don't remember?" Rex frowned.

"I remember being kidnapped by the Son, and this little monster came to talk to me. He took off my chains and told me that it was the easy part. He said the hard part was my head; that I had to forget about my master," Ahsoka chewed on her lip. "Then he bit me and I blacked out. When I woke up, I was in a new place and the Daughter was dead beside me and Anakin hugged me like something terrible happened or I almost died or something. And my lightsabers weren't on my belt. Master Kenobi had them."

"And you've been different since then?" Cody inquired.

"Yeah, I guess," Ahsoka shrugged. "It kinda nagged at me until we got back, and then it just... got worse."

"What nagged at you?" Cody asked.

Ahsoka leaned forward, her voice hardly audible. "There's something dark inside of me that wasn't there before. I can't get rid of it."

Cody and Rex exchanged another look.

"Can you explain it?" Rex suggested.

"It's like a... shadow. It's strong and then it's not. But it's making me feel irratickle and I can't seem to stop doing reckless things. I try to sleep and it comes alive and suddenly I have too much energy. I try to eat and it knots my stomach and suddenly I throw up," Ahsoka paled.

"You throw up?" Cody raised his eyebrows.

"Not anymore. There's nothing left in me," Ahsoka shuddered again. "It's horrible."

"Soudns like it."

"And I feel like my skin is crawling," continued Ahsoka. "Sometimes it feels like it's burning or freezing, too. It's like there's fire and ice in my veins. And I'm always shaky and afraid, but nothing I do is fixing it."

"Fire and ice, ey?" Cody mused.

"Have you told the General about this at all?" Rex questioned.

"I did," Ahsoka nodded. "He told me to meditate on it and tell him if it didn't get any better."

"Have you told him?"

"No," Ahsoka sighed. "I want to know what happened to me first. I tried meditating, but something stirred in me and I couldn't sit still. The Force seemed really dark, too, so I tried avoiding it for a while."

Silence fell for a long moment. Rex and Cody noticed the subtle and constant trembling now.

"Do you have any suggestions?" Ahsoka attempted a small, hopeful smile.

"Maybe..." Rex trailed off, truly stumped by this one. He wracked his brain but came up with nothing. "Maybe you should try talking to your other Jedi?"

"They'll all tell me to meditate," Ahsoka rolled her eyes. "And then they'll scold me for being afraid and showing emotion."

"So this... darkness inside of you is pretty controlling, right?" Cody mused.

"Right," Ahsoka nodded curtly.

"So, how about you start with telling it no?" Cody suggested.

Ahsoka raised her eye markings, prompting him to continue.

"Eat something. Get Kix to give you some kind of pill that'll knock you out," Cody shrugged. "Tell it to go away. Train until you pass out. Go yell into an empty hanger if it makes you feel better."

It wasn't the best advice, but it was something, Rex supposed. And besides, Ahsoka had started to perk up.

"Thanks, Cody. Thanks, Rex," Ahsoka stood, still shaking, but she was determined now. "I'm going to go kill a shadow."

Rex and Cody smiled, watching ever-determined Ahsoka speed out of the room. They just hoped that it was possible to "kill" the shadow. 

----------------------

Word Count: 1,354

Published: Apr. 10, 2022

So this one doesn't aline with the first story relating to Mortis called "What Happened On Mortis?" 

Lemme know if you want a part 2. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!!

Bye, peoples!!