Part 1: And the thought of it, makes you feel a bit ill

And we are back folks!!  I needed those 7 weeks.  Thank you so kindly for putting up with me.

I wrote on the board but this chapter and the one after are two parts.   They will show the parallel between Darla and Kid vs Marie and Kid.

  I will continue with the current Bayou timeline after tomorrow's chapter <3

WELCOME TO THE beginning and the origin of Alistair's Cabaret!   This chapter will take you down 1920s Paris and 80's New York.  Alistair is not in this chapter but he is mentioned.  I can't wait to get back to the bayou after these flashbacks because I miss that filthy man's mouth.

Music:  I used a song here that was actually from 1987 (Take my Breath Away) .  I Realized I won't be posting a lot of 80's chapters so I wanted to make use of the songs.  I'm always dead on with timelines but that song is amazing for Darla and Kid.  Couldn't resist.

I love you all and thank you for allowing me some space and time to recharge the batteries.

-----------------------

Saturday, November 24, 1984

Pappy and Harriet's Garage

A pair of fashionable red heeled boots clicked along the gravel of the loud garage making their way to the corner. The visitor passed three mechanics who smirked, eyeing the cat-like strut. The speakers echoed a familiar tune playing on a nearby radio.

Hey little sister, what have you done

Hey little sister, who's the only one

The boots stopped near a pair of jean covered legs stretched out from beneath a suspended vehicle. The visitor's eyes followed down the grease smudged jeans landing on a pair of scuffed, laced up black boots planted on the ground.

Hey little sister, who's your superman

Hey little sister, who's the one you want

The visitor spoke. "Kid?" The visitor watched as a pair of rough hands appeared under the car hooking around the edge. The pair of legs slid out from under the car revealing Kid.

"Wha....Ray?!" Kid furrowed his brow. He wasn't expecting Darla's friend Ray.

Ray's wide eyes searched every inch of Kid's face as he stood up. His mouth hung open in shock. "Oh my....fucking...god—your hair."

Hey little sister, shotgun

Kid sweaty quiff hung over his forehead in tousled layers. His once shaggy hair was now cut short, revealing his high cheekbones and sharp jawline.

It's a nice day to start again

Ray couldn't help but look over Kid's sweaty muscular arms, put on display through his sleeveless black shirt.

Kid rubbed the back of his neck, chewing on his lip. He was worried his impulsive decision, a last minute haircut to distract him from counting down the days until Darla's departure, was a fashionable faux pas.

"Does it...look okay?" Kid's eyes searched Ray's waiting for approval.

Ray raised his brows and scoffed. He moved his hand to his hip revealing more of his high waisted acid washed jeans and his thigh high red pleather boots. His bleached short hair, a striking contrast to his black skin, echoed louder than any of the running motors surrounding them.

Kid watched as Ray smacked his glossed lips rolling his eyes.

It's a nice day for a white wedding