The Death Ramps: Part 2

OH WOW....sorry this is late but this one was AMAZING TO WRITE.

I decided there's too much going on with the Death Ramps and Logan's story so it's 3 parts!

Part 3 up tomorrow night!

THE MIDDLE OF this chapter is so important for the history of witches, vamps, and werewolves. It's all you need to know!

I honestly love this chapter, I get so excited as if I'm writing a tv show.

I am so sorry for what I'm about to do with this book.

NEXT CHAPTER tomorrow NIGHT (late tomorrow)
-----------------------------------------

December, 1975 - HWY 90 - Louisiana

Four motorbikes roared down the empty highway on route 90 between Lafayette and New Orleans. Kid was leading the pack with Dex by his side.  Logan and Tristan rode behind them.  

An eighteen wheeler rolled up behind them with music playing on the speakers attached to the sides of the window.  The song played as loud as the revving engines down the stretched highway.

Slow ride, take it easy

Logan rode behind Kid smiling to himself as he read the embossed script on the back of the leather jackets each member in the Death Ramps wore: One For The Road.

Slow ride, take it easy

This was Logan's fourth year with his new pack, his friends, his colleagues. His blood brothers.  Logan smirked playfully behind his helmet as he revved up his engine leaving the line and swerving closer to the front near Kid. 

I'm in the mood

The rhythm is right

Tristan and Dex looked to their left waiting for Kid's reaction, watching Logan ride up next to him. A wolf in a pack knew his place was always behind the leader.  It was an unspoken vow, a sign of respect.  Kid turned watching Logan lean back on his motorbike as he rode on one wheel.  He stretched his arm to the ground touching the gravel with his hand, smiling gleefully behind his helmet.

Move to the music

We can roll all night

They were all able to read each other, except none can read Kid.  His mind was protected by witches since the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club moved into New Orleans.   It was a form of protection for the leader of the pack. Kid heard Logan's childlike laughter behind his helmet.  He felt his joy, the youthful air about him.  Kid simply smirked behind his helmet and watched as Logan let out a howl and sped up down the highway.   He let him enjoy it.

Oh slow ride

Oh slow ride, take it easy

Kid swallowed sharply feeling the lump in his throat threaten to lodge up as memories of his youth poured in.  He couldn't help but feel nostalgic watching a carefree Logan ride joyfully in front of him against the orange sunset.  For the last four years, Logan became a brother to him.  He felt closer to Logan than Dex and Tristan even though he knew them for decades. Something about Logan's playful teasing, his ruthless humour, his charisma, and his joy of life, reminded him of his past.

His mind went to Alistair once again.

Slow ride, take it easy

-------