𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

What makes you think she hasn't?

To my left, Ameenah suddenly let out a loud wail. I whipped my head to face her and my eyes darted to the floor. A Samsung Galaxy Fold was on the floor and Ameenah looked like she would pass out any time soon.

"Ye! My phone, my phone, my phone! Almighty Allah, why now?!"

She cried, lips brought forward in a very angry pout. Just when I thought she couldn't be any less dramatic, she stood up from her chair and knelt down to the level of the phone on the ground.

Would you look at that?

I watched as she picked it up so slowly. So carefully that you would think it was a national treasure not a mere phone.

"I am so sorry, baby. I promise to treat you better. Way better than before. Starting from now, you hear me?" She whispered to the phone in her two hands.

She carried it gently and placed it on the table.

She then brought a hand to her chest, "And my heart is pounding sha. That could have been extreme."

I couldn't help it.

I began laughing like a mad man, I and Hassan both clutching our stomachs and cleaning tears from our eyes.

Hassan even went ahead to double over and fall to the ground dramatically.

One death glare from Ameenah caused I and Hassan to shut up. Instantly, he stood up and sat back on his seat.

"Are you guys okay? My phone fell down from the table, like seriously dropped! And all you two can do is laugh?!"

"Come on, come off it." Hassan waved her off in dismissal. I snickered and she gave me a death glare once again. "You're just being dramatic."

"Being dramatic?!" Ameenah shouted.

"Yes," Hassan nodded. "How did the phone even fall down?"

"I-I thought it was on my lap, I wanted to arrange the books on my desk and I just mistakenly shifted my English textbook and the next thing I saw was the phone on the flo-"

"-My dear," Dabirah interrupted Ameenah's rant with a sigh. "Shebi, the phone is alright, nothing happened to it?"

"So?" Ameenah hissed. "I hate all of you, abeg."

"The feeling is mutual, sweetheart." Dabirah cooed and smiled at Ameenah.

Amidst all of this, I low-key wondered where the hell Grey eyes was and just what she was doing at the moment.

~K O M I S O L A~

It seemed like Senior Alexander and his friends had turned this place to his official hangout.

I mean, the Leisure Room was for everyone but why did I feel this way...?

People hardly came because there were plenty other places to go than the Leisure Room.

For the first time, he didn't notice my presence.

And I couldn't be more glad.

I focused back on the book that I was reading.

Everyone would perish. What's the use of a new earth if no one was there to-

"Adam!" Someone suddenly shouted and the door barged open.

Annoyance creeped up my bones with a chill even if I couldn't speak back.

But another chill was sent through my body at the sight of the one person I dreaded.

Senior Zara.

"Adam!" She shouted again. "Ugh, I've been looking for you since. Where did you go to?" She stormed towards where the famous trio sat.

"Babe, sorry, I didn't know." Senior Adam pulled Senior Zara closer by the waist and gave her a short peck on the lips.

I was probably the only one who noticed but there was a new hardness that formed in Senior Solomon's eyes.

It was obvious.

With the way his jaw clenched and he tensed in his seat.

Meanwhile, Senior Zara didn't acknowledge anyone in the room.

I was yet again glad that she didn't notice my presence.

"This period will soon be over, we'll be having class soon. I need to talk you to about something though, so later."

She turned around and began walking away. But for a moment stopped in her steps, and then looked at me.

My body stood straight at her cold, icy gaze.

Her infamous gaze.

For more than two minutes, she stared at me and suddenly looked away.

Almost like she didn't see me.

Or was I imagining it?

~
heyyyy to my favorite people :)
ameenah's exaggeration lmao
btw, do you think Hanniel made the right choice of friends?
don't forget he is a new student and the only reason why he sees his "friends" the way he sees them is because that's how he painted them to be.
anyway, bye luvss :)