Chapter 20 ~ The Sea

Chapter 20

*Knock* Knock*

"Huh?" I murmur, loosening my arms out of Liam's tight grasp to rub my eyes. Once my senses are working a little I carefully pry myself out of the vice that is his arms.

Then I pad slowly towards the door and pull it open.

"Hannah! Hi." Ainslea whispers cheerfully, eyeing Liam's sleeping form on the couch.

"Hey Ainslea, why did you leave so soon last night? Whats up?" I ask, leaning up against the door, curious.

"Oh, uh like I said, I had some important things to do." She replies, giving me a tight smile.

"Ok...So, why are you here?" I ask, running a hand through my strawberry blonde hair, did I mention, it's as long as Ainslea's now, yup, that means it reaches down to my butt.

I can't believe it got so long so fast.

"I was wondering if you and Liam would like to come down to the beach with me, there's something I've got to show you." Ainslea asks, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Uh, sure. I'll just get Liam up. Do we need to bring anything?" I reply, extremely curious now.

"Just wear your bikini, bring a throw-over and both of you should bring your surfboards." Ainslea replies, and then runs off before I can say anymore.

Why the surfboards? Doesn't she realise mermaids can't surf?

"Psst, Liam, honey, you need to get up, Ainslea wants to show us something down at the beach." I murmur softly to my boyfriend, who rubs his eyes and gives me an adorable sleepy half smile.

"Alright, I'll just be a second." He says, getting up and giving me a loving kiss that leaves my lips tingling.

"Oh, and put your beach shorts on, oh, wait, your already wearing them." I add, smiling.

"I just need to change into my bikini, I'll be a sec." I say, running into my bedroom and pulling on a simple turquoise bikini.

In no time at all the two of us are heading down to the beach with our surfboards, curious to see what Ainslea is up to.

"Hey, Liam, look how many people are out in the waves today!" I remark, pointing out to the figures in the sea, quite a few for this time of the morning.

Whats even crazier, is when I get closer to the surf I realise I know all these people.

"Hannah! Get in! The water is fine!" One of my best friends shouts out to me from where she is catching a wave.

"Leylanie?! What on earth are you doing here?" I yell back, surprised.

"Coming to surf with you silly! We all are!" Leylanie chuckles, her dark red hair flying out behind her as she surfs close to the shore and then picks up her board and dashes over to Liam and I.

"Whats up?" I ask as Leylanie sprints over to us, grinning.

"Not much! Just having a surf! You coming to join? I haven't been out with you in a while! That new friend of yours, Ainslea, she invited us all, and then she said she'd be back in a few." Leylanie explains, pulling my arm.

"I don't think I can surf today." I reply, knowing that my legs will turn into a tail as soon as I touch water. Risk that in front of my friends? I think not.

"Hey Hannah!" Chayanne shouts out from the water where she is waiting for a wave with her boyfriend Harry, her red pixie cut hair spiking up in many different directions.