Chapter 17 ~ The Race

Chapter 17.

Liam's P.O.V.

We'd decided after a few hours of planning, that the best thing to do was get Ainslea's pet dolphin, Kevin, to try and pick up Hannah's scent. Then, we'd see where it lead us.

Luckily, Kevin knew Hannah's scent a little and we managed to pick up a trace off the coast of Port Douglas.

"I hope this works." I mutter, as Ainslea and I swim behind Kevin, keeping up a steady pace.

"Don't worry Liam, it will, Kevin is really good at this, I used to play hide and seek with him all the time and he always found me very quickly. He has a great sense of smell." Ainslea explains, trying to reassure me.

"Alright, I hope we can find her soon, who knows how long she's got." I mutter, reaching up a hand to run it through my hair, but suddenly remembering, I don't have much to run it through.

Kevin picks up the pace, Ainslea and I following quickly behind, our tails moving at lightning speed as we race through the dark waters.

"So, uh just wondering, how long will I have my tail for?" I ask Ainslea as we speed through the midnight blue sea.

"Hmm, from everything I know about Sea Witches, I'd say you have three days, and then it's back to your legs." Ainslea replies.

"I hope we can find her before then." I mumble.

"Me too Liam." Ainslea replies, giving me a look of concern as we dodge a school of fish.

I wonder how long we have.

Hannah's P.O.V

I awaken, how many hours do I have left now?

"Owww." I moan, feeling an instant pain course through my body as I try to move, I'm still tied up against this stupid bed.

Why am I in pain though?

I guess my heart is still aching a little after that crazy woman, Jenna, injected me, but today I feel a different kind of pain. It's everywhere, weakening me.

I glance frantically to my arm and gasp in surprise to see a drip attached to it.

So they're feeding me...

But why would you drip feed a person you were going to kill in a few hours?

You wouldn't, would you?

I bet whats going through that tube into my arm isn't any food substance, maybe it's why I'm feeling so weak.

Could they be poisoning me?

Possibly drugging me out to make my imminent death easier, maybe making me too weak to struggle, or scream?

Whatever the hell this drip is putting into me, it's not good. It needs to be out of my arm, and fast.

"Damn scientists." I mutter, realising my hands are strapped down so I can't pry the drip out with them.

Desperate times call for desperate measures though.

I crane my neck, stretching it as far it can go, trying to reach the drip towards the top of my left arm. Eventually after a few painful seconds, my outstretched tongue touches the outer case of the needle feeding the drip into my arm.

I crane my neck further, and my teeth close around the needles' case.

I steady myself for the painful thing I'm about to do.

Quickly I use all the strength I can muster to hold onto the needles' case in my mouth as I try not to cry out in pain whilst pulling it out of my arm.