thats not possible!

I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my yellow sweater, I gasped for air. Damn was the water from the drinking tap good, I looked behind me noticing that a line has been formed. Today at Merint High it was extremely hot and the schools air conditioner broke, so... that means everyone is basically melting.

The hallway smelt like sweat, people were trying to distance them self away from others since everyone basically stinks. I kept gagging with disgust whenever I would walk near that one smelly kid, Frank Simons.

He was that one nerdy kid who used to be popular in elementary, he was only popular because of how fast he ran. But ever since we got into high school people only care about how you look or how rich you are.

Which I think sucks, not everyone has a rich background or the greatest looks. Well who am I kidding, I'm talking about myself.

*DING*

The bell rang before I could doze off into my thoughts, I sighed and made my way to English class.

~~~

Me and Zak share English class together, so when we got to choose our spots Zak made sure to save the spot next to him for me. Sometimes we show each other our papers whenever we have test, it both gets us around 60%-80% each test. That's great since I'm not the best at English...

I sat down at the wooden desk and waited for Zak to arrive, was he even at school today? I'm sure I heard his name at attendance this morning..

"Hey Ba-Darryl!" I heard Zak say, "Hey!" I said. He was wearing my grey hoodie I gave him, I'm used to him wearing it now since he wears it almost every day.

He smiles a bit and sits down, "So I'm thinking, do you wanna come to my house so we can do English homework?" Zak asks. "Yeah sure!" I reply, "And also I'm so glad your safe!" He brang up. "Thanks.." I mumbled, I tried my best to forget about the situation yesterday.

"Are you alright?" He questioned me while flipping through the pages of his English book, I nod and faced the teacher.

~~~

"Darryl, Wait wait!" I heard Zak speak behind me, "Hm?" I said turning around. "We haven't planned when your coming to my house!" He said, "7:00pm tonight, alright? Goodbye." I say simply. "Did I do something wrong?" He muttered, "No." I said truthfully. "K." He said before leaving.

~~~

I bursted out of computers class and was ready to head home, today was a long day... "DARRYL!" I heard a voice call out, Cara! I smiled wide and spoke, "Hey! You wanted to talk?". "Yeah! Come on, we'll go outside it's easier." She says, I nod and follow her lead. As soon as we were outdoors we took a seat on one of the large rocks at the entrance.

"I'm sorry I didn't respect your opinion about the lgbtq+ community... I-" Cara says before getting cut off, "It's fine Cara, I shouldn't have raised my voice at u." I apologised, she smiles and pulls me into a hug. "So are we good?" I said while I pulled her away, "Good." She muttered.

~~~

I knocked on the wooden blue door and cracked my knuckles, a lady in her 40's then opened the door. "Zak's upstairs." She says, she lets me inside and locks the door.

I smiled and trailed upstairs, "Hey! English homework?" I said. "Darryl I texted you that plans were cancelled.." Zak mumbled, I barely heard him. "Oh sorry! My bad, my phone is charging." I explained, "Whatever it's fine I guess, we can still do it." Zak says. He sounded tired and upset, what did I do?

"Okay!" I exclaimed, trying to bring a good mood into the room. I looked over to his bed noticing my hoodie was being used as a... pillow case?? "Why is my hoodie being used as a pillow case?" I asked him, "U-uhm, I ran out of pillow cases?!" He stuttered. "Okay.." I said, there was this weird feeling that told me he was lying.

"So how about we just start with the homework?" Zak spoke, "Sure!" I exclaimed.

~~~

ZAK POV

He looked so pretty, the yellow coloured shade from the lamp made him glow. Every once in a while he would adjust his glasses, I followed every little move he did.

I knew I should have hid that hoodie just incase he came! I shifted back to reality when Darryl spoke, "Zakkk, are you understanding?". He waved his hand in front of my face. "Yeah? Yeah no I'm not understanding it." I panicked, "Me neither... how about we just search up the answers? I really don't know.." Darryl says, "Yeah sure! Go ahead, I have to go use the bathroom!" I say before racing to the bathroom. Why was I so nervous all of a sudden?

I shutted the door closed and put my hand over my heart, it was beating like crazy.

Why did he have to wear that sweater?! Oh my gosh he looks so cute in it, a-and the way he fixed his hair. It was all fluffy I had to fight the urge to touch it. I couldn't do this anymore, I needed to make an excuse for him to leave.

I took some deep breathes and left the restroom.

~~~

DARRYLS POV

As soon as Zak came back he spoke, "You need to go home!" He said super quick. "Uhhh okay?" I say, I started to pack up my bag. "You look very nice with that sweater today!" Zak brought up randomly, "Thanks!" I exclaimed, my face started to get hot. Gosh was I blushing again?!

I hid my red face and ran out the bedroom door, "This was embarrassing. I'll see you tomorrow, it's a weekend. BYE!" I say. I didn't get to listen to Zaks response, i shutted the door closed as soon as I left the room.

~~~

I spun around in my office chair and watched some YouTube, it was interrupted by a call from Cara.

"Hey!" I say, "Hi! Sooo I'm bored, wanna call for a few minutes?" She asked. "Sure, can I ask you something?" I questioned, "Yeah.. what is it?" Cara says. "Why do I feel like there are butterflies flying around in my stomach whenever I'm around them?" I say "Oh! that means you like them, Now who is this 'them'?" Cara answered.

I gulped, what?! I can't like Zak, that's gay!

"That's not possible!" I say into the speaker of the phone, "I guess it is Darryl, now tell me.. who is this person?!" She demands, "N-nothing, oh look my father is calling me downstairs. GOODBYE!" I lied, still flabbergasted with the answer.

I ended the call and stood there shocked, and I thought..

Do I like Zak?

1152 words