missing

I woke up to the feeling of my pillow drenches with tears, I had barely any sleep. So much guilt has been taking over me, I lie to my friends and I lose them too.

What if I lose Zak or Ant?

I stopped these thoughts and picked out my clothes today, I take a quick look at my wrists and gulped. You can still see the cuts, and with my thighs they are still visible too.

"Ugh." I grunted, i grabbed a pink t shirt and some baggy denim jeans. Oh and I almost forgot, my wrist warmers.

~~~

When I came downstairs my mother was nowhere to be seen, just my father sitting in the couch. "Your mother went to a meeting." He explained, taking another shot of vodka after.

"Alright." I mumbled, "Don't give me that attitude!" My father shouted. "I-I didn't give u any attitude father." I stuttered, "LIAR, JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!" He shouted again. He then creeps up in front of me and holds his shoe in front of me, "Be quiet or else.." he muttered.

I nod and rush out the door.

~~~

When I arrived at school my stomach started to rumble, god I was hungry. I didn't get the chance to eat, I put my hands over my stomach and groaned.

I turned my head to my right and noticed Zak was talking to a brunette hair girl, she was twirling her hair and giggled whenever Zak talked. She is clearly trying to make Zak fall in love with her, what a bitch.

I clenched my fists and my head started to ache, my heart was racing and racing.

I shifted back to reality as soon as Antfrost tapped my shoulder, "Darryl!" He yelped. "Hey." I said, "Come on, science class!" Antfrost exclaimed.

I nodded and walked together side by side, on our way I thought about what happened earlier. "Was I jealous?" I thought, no no I can't be jealous! I should be happy, maybe they are dating.

Even worse.

~~~

The thoughts took over my mind, it made me feel dizzy and tired. My chest felt heavy, I wanted to go home.

So I did.

I told Antfrost that I'm going outside to get some fresh air, but instead I went run home.

As soon as I arrived in front of my driveway I trailed to the door, just noticing after that I left my house keys in my room. Shoot!

The door was locked, I looked through the window noticing that my dad was on the couch fast asleep.

I sighed, "I guess I'm just gonna go out to town, I don't wanna go back to school." I thought to myself.

~~~

"Thanks!" I said, I walked out the small convenience store with my plastic bag. I bought a new box cutter knife with the last $4 I had in my pocket, lately I've been missing my knife.

It was like a hobby to me and I genuinely enjoyed it, my escape from reality. I chuckled a bit and made my way to my final destination, the woods. I've always wanted to explore the woods since I was 8.

I enjoyed learning about nature, so did my aunt Carol. She taught me about Mother Nature and would bring home photographs of rare animals whenever she would go hiking.

~~~

bad idea.

I don't know where I am! I made a little hut made out of sticks for tonight, well maybe longer. I don't know.

I've thought about knocking on the door of my home and make one of my parents open it but I'm afraid, I'm afraid that my dad would scream at me again. And plus, I kinda liked being alone.

I'll stay here for another night.

~~~

I woke up to sun shining in front of my face, I yawned and made my way to town. I was gonna buy breakfast, as I passed through the shops I noticed a paper taped onto a bench. I-I was missing? Oh no! I have to go home, I need to explain that I'm alright!

So I ran back home, it was needed to at this point!

~~~

When I noticed the familiar house I saw my mother in the driveway sobbing, police were surrounding her.

What did I do?!

I ran up to cops, "I-I'm here!" I panted. My breath became short, the running made me tired.

"Darryl!" My mother yelled before hugging me, I smiled a bit. My father just rolled his eyes, "It could have been way easier if u weren't here." My dad grunted before walking back inside.

The cops then left, my mother pulled away and looked at me in the eyes. "I missed u...NOW GO!" She yelled, wow mood swings.

I gulped and made my way to my bedroom, as soon as I opened my phone I noticed that there was about 10 notifications. And all of them were either missed text messages or missed phone calls.

First I checked Zaks messages,

Zak😁
DARRYL HELLO PLEWSE ANSWER MEE

Zak😁
DARRYLLLL ARE U OK

Zak😁
AHHHHHH IM CRYING

I giggled then wrote a reply.

You
I'm alright you muffin, I'm back home now.

I giggled at the message then checked Antfrosts messages, he called me 2 times.

Antfrost 🐈‍⬛
Hey Darryl please return home, apparently your missing...

Antfrost 🐈‍⬛
ANSWER ME CALL

Antfrost 🐈‍⬛
If u never return, bye.

You
I'm home.

I sighed and scrolled more through my text messages, Cara?

Cara
Are you alright?

Cara
If u ever return can we talk.

You
Sure we can talk, and yes I'm safely home.

I turned off my phone and sighed, what a long day.