prom

Suddenly I fell onto the ground, that's all I remembered.

~~~

I woke up, I was on the floor. My chest felt heavy and the air felt humid, I checked the time to notice it was 4am. Did I pass out? My stomach was aching with hunger, it was growling like crazy.

I decided to ignore it and go to the bathroom, I washed my face and looked up in the mirror. I had large dark circles under my eyes, (same same) I've only been sleeping for 3 hours every day. No naps.

I dried my face with a dirty towel and headed back to bed, my sheets were dirty and had weird coloured stains everywhere. I haven't cleaned it in years.

Being lazy was one of my habits, my room had clothes on the floor and my nightstand had energy drinks scattered on top of it. My closet door was broken, I haven't been able to fix it.

I have 20 missed assignments and 2 due tomorrow, I haven't even started them!

I needed to find motivation, because this was getting out of hand.

~~~

22 minutes later I was scrolling on my phone, I couldn't sleep. I saw a girl in my grade posted a photo, apparently she is buying prom dresses.. WAIT, PROM?!

Prom is happening tomorrow! And I totally forgot, I haven't picked out what clothes I'm wearing and nor who I'm going with.

All of a sudden my stomach rumbled again, I started to feel that weird headache again. I tried playing it off by drinking one of the opened energy drinks that has probably been sitting their for weeks.

But that didn't help, I felt dizzy. Maybe it would go away if I just went to sleep, so I did.

~~~

"Uhm.. Darryl?" Zak asks behind me, "Whats up?" I chuckle. "Well... do u have a prom suit?" He asks, that was random. "No I don't actually." I say, "Great!" he chuckles.

"What do u mean?" I tilted my head, "Well.. I have a spare and I'm thinking. DO U WANNA MATCH SUITS?" He smiled. "Yeah sure!" I smiled back.

~~~

I walked down the empty corridor, searching for Antfrost. "Hey!" Zak exclaims, "RAHH!" I flinched. Zak giggles, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure!" I reply, "Well.. do u wanna go to prom with me..?" He questioned me nervously. "As friends?" I whispered softly, "Yeah." He murmurs. Oh, just friends.

"Alright" I grinned, "Bye! I'll see u tonight!" I say. "WAIT NO, I'M GONNA DROP OFF THE SUIT IN AN HOUR!" He yelled, "KK!" I responded.

~~~

I laid on my stomach scrolling through my phone, suddenly the doorbell rings. That must be Zak, my mother was gambling with her friends again.

I ran downstairs and opened the door, "Hey!" I smiled. "Hi!" He blushed, "Well here's your dress!" he giggled. "Awe thank you" i replied, my butterflies fluttering all over again. "Sooo, I'll see u at prom?" He chuckles, "Yeah."

~~~

I took the bus to prom, since prom was behind held in the school gym. It must've been weird seeing someone teenager wearing a suit on the bus at night, because I kept getting dirty looks.

"Thank you!" I waved to the bus driver, I got off the bus and ruffled my hair. I adjusted my glasses and cleared my throat.

I then made my way to the gym.

~~~

Before I entered the doors of the school gym I got pulled over by some freshman, "Uhhh... prom tickets?" He says. "Oh right! Well uhm.. I forgot to but them actually I-" I say, "Well you can't come to prom. Sorry mate, school rules." He pushes me. I grunted and walked away.

I walked out the school and sat down on one of the benches outside, I didn't know what to do. Should I just go home?

Instead I picked up my phone and called Zak.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, "Hi.. where r u?" I ask. "Still in the car, Wassup?" He giggles, "I can't get into prom.. I'm outside of the school." I explained.

"Ohh, it's fine i think I have a spare prom ticket!" He says, "Y-You do?" I adjusted my posture. I then heard rustling of a bag, "Uhhh.. yeah I do! I just checked." He says. "Alright, I'll see u soon?" I smiled, "See ya!"

~~~

"Hey!" I called out, "Hi!" He smiles.

"Soo, are you ready to get in?" i questioned, fulled with excitement. "Of course." He replies, we both walk through the wide school entrance them made our way to the gym.

"Uhh, I have 2 tickets for both of us!" Zak told the same freshman, "Alright come in" he backs up from the door. Me and Zak walked in, the gym was filled with colourful lights. And people dancing to the music we selected.

Shortly after I saw Antfrost and Velvet dancing, "Hey!" They both say as they saw us approach them. "Hi!" Me and Zak reply in sync

~~~

"Bye!" Me and Zak say after our 20 minute conversation with Antfrost and Velvet, we both walk away and sat still in one of the corners. Zak took a sip of his punch before saying something, "D-Do you wanna slow dance together? Slow dancing is right after this song." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Was he really asking me? Darryl!? "Oh um, that would be great!l I nervously chuckled. We waited for the song to end.

When the song ended Zak stood up, "Let's go?" He reached out his hand in front of me. "Yeah" I giggled, I placed my hand in mine and we made our way into the middle.

A song started to play and we started to dance, he placed his right hand behind my back and placed my left hand on his back.

We intertwined our fingers together and started to move, the eye contact felt intense between us.

I couldn't even last 4 minutes, I felt to... embarrassed?

I ran out of the gym leaving Zak by himself, i knew people were taking pictures and filming!

And that's when I remembered the sleepover..

1019 words