Chapter 8

***Adrien's POV***

I woke up early the next morning and got ready for school. I went down stairs and found Natalie.

"Your up early."

She looked at me questioningly.

"Yes, I have a project that I'm finishing with some friends at school this morning. I thought I told you?"

"Hm, as long as your home early after school that should be alright. I'll alert you driver and-"

"It's alright I can walk."

"I don't think-"

"I'll be alright Natalie." I said, walking out the door.

As soon as I was out of sight from the mansion, I ducked into an alleyway and transformed. I headed for Marinette house and knocked on her trapdoor.

"C-come in." she said quietly.

I came in and looked around the room for her. She was kneeling on the ground.

"Princess?"

"I-it h-h-hurts." she cried.

I kneeled down next to her.

"Hey it's ok, did you take your medication yet?"

She shook her head no.

"I'll go grab it."

I stood up and grabbed the bottle of pills and a glass of water. I walked back over to her, she was shaking slightly. When I knelt down next to her I realized she was crying. I hugged her side.

"Hey, it's ok. We're going to get through this together." I said.

"I-I know. B-b-but it r-really h-h-hurts."

I handed her a pill and the glass of water.

"I'll got get some ibuprofen."

I hurried downstairs and found the ibuprofen bottle. I looked for the dosage she would need and then ran back upstairs. I handed her the pills and she swallowed them. I sat in front of her. She handed me the glass when she was done and I set it on the floor next to me. I held both of her hands. She slowly calmed down.

"Better?"

"A little." she said.

"It'll get better soon, ok?"

She nodded.

"Do you need help getting ready for school?"

"Y-yes please."

I helped her into a hoodie. She chose one that was a light blue with flowers around it, and blue jeans that were ripped on the knees. I helped her get changed and downstairs.

"What do you want to eat?"

"I-I'm not hungry."

"Please tell me your not still starving yourself. Mari, I already told you your beautiful just the way you are."

" I-I know, I'm just n-not hungry right now."

"Ok, but I'm asking Alya later if you've eaten anything today."

She sighed and nodded.

"Do you need help getting to school?"

"I-I think I'll be ok."

"Ok, I'll see you tonight."

She nodded. I kissed her cheek before walking out. I quickly detransformed and watched Marinette from a distance. She made it to the school and sat down on the stairs, holding her chest. I walked over and sat next to her.