Chapter 1

***Marinette's POV***

I woke up late. I grabbed a random shirt and jeans. I brushed out my hair while trying to find my stuff. When I got my stuff I ran downstairs.

"Sweetheart, we're leaving today. Are you still sure you'll be ok staying here by yourself?" My mom asked.

"Yes mom I'm sure!" I yelled as I ran out the door.

I ran to the school just as the bell rang. I ran into my class and sat next to my best friend.

"Hey girl!" She whispered "Why are you so late?"

"I overslept." I whispered back.

She was about to say something back, but the teacher started the class. I was only half listening though. I was fidgeting with the lucky charm Adrien gave me for my birthday a couple years ago when the bell rang. Alya had to shake me out of my thoughts.

"Come on girl, we don't want to be late!" Alya exclaimed.

"Sorry" I muttered, scrambling to pick up my stuff.

Then Lila and Chloe walked over.

"You look like a wreck." Lila laughed.

"Adrien would never pick someone like you." Chloe laughed.

They knocked the stuff out of my hands and walked away laughing. Alya rushed back over to me, helping me pick up my stuff.

"Don't listen to them." she scoffed.

"They're right, I look like a wreck, and I'll never have a chance with Adrien." I sighed.

"Girl, don't let them get in your head!" Alya said, shaking me slightly. "Now come on, I don't want to be late."

We made it in class one minute before the bell rang. We sat in the back and just like last class, I zoned out. It was like this all the way to lunch. I got my lunch and sat on the stairs, waiting for my friends. Then I was pushed forward, luckily most of my food was packaged but anything that wasn't was ruined. I turned to see Lila and Chloe.

"No one likes you. Your 'friends' just hang out with you because they pity you." Lila said.

"Otherwise you'd be by yourself." Chloe laughed.

"Ugly." Lila said.

"Check." Chloe said.

"Useless."

"Utterly useless."

"Stupid."

"Check."

This went on while I picked up my food. I got retold how awful I was by my bullies.

"A burden."

"Check."

"Should kill herself."

"Check, and of course we can't forget you're a piece of sh-"

"SCRAM!" Alya yelled "No one wants you around!"

"She's talking to you Dupain-Cheng!" Chloe laughed, walking away with Lila.

"Sorry I took so long." Alya said.

"You're fine." I mumbled.

We sat down at our normal spot waiting for the boys.

"Hey dudes!" Nino called cheerfully, sitting next to Alya.

"You girls ok?" Adrien asked.

I nodded. Alya groaned but continued eating her food. I quickly finished my food.