1

𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 i liked to do, whether it was painting people, or just whatever came to mind, i loved it. growing up in the mafia rarely left me time to do what i was passionate about. after all, not every mafia kid likes to kill people.

thankfully, my parents were respective of that.

though, that didn't stop them from training me to be like them.

"y/n, can i come in?" my father asked knocking on the door, "yeah sure" i said dipping my paint brush into the red. "is this the painting you're going to be auctioning at the ball?" he asked.

"one of many" i replied.

my art works were unique, my own. there's just something about them, if people saw it they'd automatically know it was made by me.

"these are beautiful, they'll rake in a lot of money for us. speaking of the ball, there's a boy i want you to meet" he said.

i hummed and continued painting, "suna rintarou, heir of the inarizarki mafia." he said. "he's friends with the miya's" he said, "ah okay" i muttered. "he's a good man, i'm sure you'll like him" he said patting your shoulder before leaving the room.

"suna rintarou..." i said to myself.

hours later the last painting was finished and being loaded out into the cars. "be careful with that one" i said watching them load them into the car.

"they'll be fine, y/n." oikawa said placing a hand on your shoulder. "get off the road before a car runs over your gown" he said as you looped your arm in his.

"you look beautiful tonight" he said looking at your dress.

"thanks" i said, "where's haijime?" i asked. "he's already in the car with makki and mattsun, "shall we get going?" he asked, you nodded. "after you" he said leading the way to the car.

truth is i've always had a crush on tooru.

he opened the car door for you and helped you get in. "hey guys" oikawa said, "that dress is gorgeous,
y/n!" makki's date said. "thank you, my mother has the best taste".

"you ready?" oikawa asked opening the door for you, "i guess" you said getting out of the car. "you'll be fine" he said holding your hand.

the large doors opened and everyone was staring at us as we walked in. i couldn't tell if people wanted to be me or be with me. same for oikawa.

"y/n! this is the man i wanted you to meet" my father said greeting oikawa and i. "ill find you later" oikawa said kissing your cheek before walking away to find his bestfriend.

"y/n this is rintarou" he said, "so i've heard, nice to meet you" i said shaking his hand. "i'll leave you two to get acquainted with each other. keep her safe" my dad said walking away.

"so y/n"
"the one and only"
"everyone seems to know you"

"yeah well when you're someone like my dad everyone is bound to know you" i said and he laughed. "your dad is quite the character" he replied.

"so i heard some of your pieces were being auctioned today" he said breaking the awkward silence. "yeah, five of them actually." i said, "wanna see?" i asked.

"yeah sure" he said, "great follow me" i said walking towards the back. you opened the door and looked around a bit before spotting your paintings. "here we are" i said looking at them.

"they chipped one of them! unbelievable!" i exclaimed touching the chipped part.