x. dig deeper pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"What do you know?"

"I know that these teenagers, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story—" Jennifer exasperated, receiving an eye roll from Amelie. "And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott said, making Jennifer raise an eyebrow. Pulling from his pocket, he revealed a bottle of powder, one that would ultimately reveal the truth.

"What is that?"

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure," Scott said slowly, "Which means you can use it... And it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe?" Jennifer hesitated. Abruptly, Scott threw the powder over their teacher, making her reveal her true form. Her face, mauled beyond compare, making Amelie look away.

This made Derek grab the woman by the neck, raising her into the air. Jennifer, gasping for breath, scratched at his hand, begging for release. "Derek, wait! WAIT! You need me!"

"What are you?" Derek growled.

"The only person who can save your sister," Jennifer gasped. "Call Peter... Call him!"

Reluctantly, Derek did so, retrieving his phone from his pocket and calling Peter Hale, who told him that Cora was in awful shape, constantly in and out of consciousness and vomiting black blood along with another substance. Mistletoe.

Ending the call, he turned to face the english teacher, who he was still choking. Ever so slightly, he tightened his grip on her neck, making her face turn a blue hue.

"Derek..." Scott said warningly. "Derek, what are you doing?"

"Her life... it's in my hands!" Jennifer reminded, gasping for breath.

"Stop! Derek, stop!"

"Stilinski... you'll never find him..."

"Derek! DEREK!"

Growling, he threw her to the ground. A sinister laugh erupted from the woman. "That's right. You need me— all of you."

🥰

It seemed that the hospital had a thing for magnetizing Amelie. In the span of just a week, Amelie had found herself three times in this hospital, however this time, the hospital was evacuating because of the weather.

"Scott!" Melissa McCall called out through the crowd, reaching her son. "Scott! What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora."

"What, all of you?" Melissa frowned, looking at the others before staring at the bat in Stiles' hand. "Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"Mom, just trust me on this—" Scott insisted. "You need to get out of here, right now."

"The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back— one's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage," Melissa told the group making them nod in understanding before they made their way to the elevator.

Something about being in an elevator with two werewolves and a darach made Amelie want the floor to open up and swallow her. Especially, since they were now heading to the floor where Matthew resided and would be expecting her.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help." Jennifer scoffed.

"Who knows? Maybe you'll pull out a knife and put it to our throats," Amelie retorted, crossing her arms defensively. As soon as they reached the floor, they walked out, Derek holding Jennifer's arm. Looking around them, they found the hospital beds thrown around and splatters of black blood on the floor, leading to the doors.