SNEAK PEAK

Sneak Peak

The siren slowly lowers in pitch as it gradually ends and finally stops. He hears movement to his right and remembers snippets of the night. The two men, the third person they left behind. Slowly he turns his head, the lesson of last time he moved too quickly burnt in his memory.

The one they had left on the floor is stirring; their movements seem concentrated and heavy. They are where he remembers them being dropped the night before, curled on their side facing away from him. They are wearing what looks to be a prison jump suit in a toneless gray, the back of the top has palm sized rips in places, the edges of which are tinged brown. He can only assume blood and he was sure this was the fate that was also waiting for him as well.

With their back to him they rock back and forth on their side, trying to will themselves into an upright position. They somewhat succeed and wearily crawl into a position on their hands and knees. Their dark mated hair dragging on the floor as their head hangs languidly down, unable to pick it up.

He watches as they hold the floor to steady themselves and put one bare foot on the floor, securing the ground beneath them before placing the other beside the first, then they push up from the ground. They are unsteady on their feet. That much is more then clear.

They pull the gray top up over their head to reveal long jagged welts and cuts. Half of them look fresh while others look older, with bright pink skin almost covering new scars. They are also covered in bruises of all sizes and shapes and in a variety of colors, some so dark they were black, others a sickening shade of green or yellow. They remove their trousers next to reveal long muscular legs and... male, this person is most definitely male.