Professor Camilo

Mirabel Madrigal knew she had messed up. The moment the idea popped into her head she knew it was stupid, dangerous even, but she just wanted to try it! Call it who that egged her on, but she's done it and now she's in hot water if anyone discovers what she did. At least she knows one person who could maybe help her without snitching on her.

Quickly and quietly Mirabel sneaks along Castia's hallway in the very early morning until she gets to the room of her oldest Primo. Opening the door and enters the large room. It was the size of a theatre, with the stands taking up several mirrors, passing them Mirabel could see her reflection as she passed them. Camilo's room was known to shift and change like him when he wanted to do a particularly dramatic production on. Pepa was the one who usually attended them the most with Mirabel joining in when she had the time.

Her Abuela had taken a keep interest in her since she came back from the summer, not that she's complaining. The attention she has craved from her grandmother since she was five was finally back and it felt so nice. It also felt undeserved though. Mirabel just happened to be like her Abuelo Pedro, a fact her Tia cried over and her Abuela praised Mirabel for. The thing is though she could have easily been like everyone else in the family, and she got kidnapped last year so she did nothing at all! The attention was undeserved and Mirabel felt like she needed to deserve it. Maybe that's what spurred this stupid decision.

Using her wand to guide her down she reaches the stage that had a large red satin curtain covering it. Crawling under the heavy fabric Mirabel got back up and sees her Primo's bed.

Like him it shifted and differed depending on how he was sleeping. Some night it would be a regular bed, others it would be tilted, sometimes it was a shape, and one time it actually got so big he got lost in the quilt and he missed breakfast untangling himself. All in all it lead to him being a pretty deep sleeper. Tonight the bed was shaped like a water drop and Mirabel crawls on it looking down at her primo in his silk yellow pyjamas and sleeping mask. He was hugging a large pillow to himself and drooling on it a little.

Mirabel shakes him whispering. "Camilo," she whispers. He shifts a little and mutters. "I'm your mama's boy mami," he says smiling in his sleep. The scene would have given Tia Pepa a double rainbow, but Mirabel was on a mission.

"Camilo!" Mirabel shakes her primo harder until he snorts and sat up still with the face mask on. He yawns and says. "Mira? What are you doing in my room?" He asks clapping his hands as the lights turned on a bit, but not too bright to hurt her eyes.
"I messed up and I need your help," she says. He yawns taking off his sleeping mask. "It couldn't wait until? Holy Mother Teresa!" He exclaims and Mirabel puts her clawed hand over his mouth to keep him from swearing even more.

Yeah that's right, clawed. She decided to earn her praise and title was by becoming just like the one who had given her so much. She read all the books she could get her hands on and wrote down notes on what to do. Sure it takes years to master, but since she's apparently all powerful she was sure to master it easy. Yeah that didn't work out right. Now that's why she's in her Primo's room with hands and arms covered in scales, her eyes shaped like a lizards, her teeth slightly sharpened, her hair had some spikes in it, and she has the worst back pain right now.

"Don't scream," she says. Slowly Camilo nodded and Mirabel pulls her hand away nervously. It was quiet for a moment before Camilo asks. "What the hell happened!?" He asks. "I was trying to do a spell and I messed it up! Now I can't change back I've been trying all night! Mama's food isn't working," Mirabel explains. Camilo looks her up and down and says. "Honestly it's a improvement," he says. Mirabel blew smoke out of her nose in frustration. "If anyone sees me like this I'll be called a monster! Or worse I'll be expelled!" Mirabel stated. "Come on it's harmless and kinda cool," Camilo replies back. "Camilo you don't understand," Mirabel said. "Than explain it," Camilo demands crossing his arms.