All The Places To Go

And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed, sorry for typos ahead of time <3
------

Flawless. Everything was flawless. Yeji and Ryujin easily gaining their balance on malicious waves larger than usual. Their exchanged looks of longing and banks around eachother became closer. The crowd was on edge, wondering if what they speculated would be true.

The clouds shimmered, drops starting to fall. Two simple steps, and Yeji was on Ryujin's board. Nothing else mattered in that moment because they knew they had made it. Even with the booming sky and choppy water. With the hundreds of people on land staring, they did it. Time slowed, and the cheers became a muffle in their ear. Ryujin smiled, her whisker smile so wide with Yeji's sunshine smile being painted in her memory.

The kiss was slow, but passionate. Yeji's hands moving to wrap around Ryujin's neck, her body leaning into the raven-haired's. Her heart was mad for this girl, and she nearly shed a tear. They fell off the board at the same time, intentionally of course. Though, they didn't really want it to end. Their kiss being interuppted by salt water and a sense of reality.

"We did it." Yeji said, arms around Ryujin's neck as they bobbed to shore. Cameras flashing like crazy and cheers coming more into their own hearing.

"We did." Ryujin said back, the two separating to stand and walk onto shore. Everyone shot them smiles of awe and happiness for them. Yeji never felt so rewarded in her life as she did walking next to Ryujin at that moment. It was no suprise when they both tied for first, Ryujin purposely saying she'd take second, and to give Yeji the whole first prize pool.

"Wow that was really... something." Yuna said, catching them in the parking lot. She got third, but was accepting of that.

"Yeah, I guess it was." Yeji said, hoping into Ryujin's jeep, a bit worried of the weather. Small drops had already started to patter down.

"Thank you, Yuna, for playing fair." Ryujin said, getting in the jeep as well and shooting the younger a smile. Yuna actually smiled hoped back to find Chaeryeong.

Yeji stared out in front of her. She felt high. Felt relieved, but also sad that the rush was over so quickly. But, she did it, she had won, and not only, she had one of the best surfers right next to her. Urging her on, loving her with just looks alone.

"Thank you, Ryujin." Yeji said, leaning over and kissing her cheek. It was oddly romantic, and Ryujin found herself flushed.

"I should be thanking you, you were the one moving to my board." Ryujin chuckled, turning the key. But the car didn't start. She tried a few more times before groaning into the steering wheel. The rain had gotten significantly harder and all they could do was wait it out; or get soaked and proceed to soak the interior for going out and seeking help.

"You know, this isn't all that bad." Yeji said, sighing as rain poured down. They could make out nothing from the windows or windshield, droplets skewing vision.

"No?" Ryujin said, smirking when Yeji moved close, pushing her seat down with a lever.

"Mmhmm." Yeji's hands rested on her sides, bodies against eachother. "We can make use of this time." Yeji said, connecting their lips. She felt so full, so explored and vastly exhausted. All good, swimming within the surfer under her and succumbing to the once fleeting feeling of relief.

"And if it stops raining?" Ryujin asked, knowing anyone would clearly see them if it did.

"Don't worry about that now, love." Yeji said, watching Ryujin's cheeks flush. "We have time."

--

They walked into Yeji's shared apartment, laughing and smiling like idiots as they set down their bags without a care. It was much later, the storm not fading for long, and the time it took for Ryujin to get the car working predicted shorter than it really was.