A Week & Three Days

Of course Yeji thought about not going surfing today. Though she would have to figure out a good reason, since the weather is stunning, and the water is not very choppy from wind. Deep down she knew she was just nervous to see Ryujin, if she showed.

"You'll be fine. The sooner you get used to her the easier it will be for you to win at competitions." Lia said, having been friends with Yeji for years. She knows the cycle the orange-haired goes through.

"I guess so... alright, I'll see you later!" Yeji said, now smiling as she left the apartment, giggling for a moment when she hit the ceiling with her board.

When she got out to the lot, the last thing she expected to see what Ryujin in her jeep, head back and eyes closed while she soaked up the sun. Her music was moderately loud, but a small cough from Yeji caused her to jerk awake. Yeji giggled once more.

"You're the best surfer huh?" Yeji teased, Ryujin rolled her eyes playfully and hoped out. Yeji only then noticed her two piece. Perhaps now she didn't view everyone in a two piece as dumb. Ryujin's body was... mesmerizing. Though her bottoms were shorts, her top fully exposed her back and her abdomen. Her skin was clear, and she was lean. Her proportions were perfect. Yeji picked up on a necklace she wore, what seemed to be a small shark tooth on it.

"I thought you weren't going to come out today, honestly." Ryujin said, hoisting Yeji's board onto the rack like yesterday. Yeji got in, getting a feeling of deja-vu when Ryujin accompanied her.

"Yeah, me neither." Yeji said, Ryujin looking at her curiously.

"How come? The waves are perfect today." Ryujin asked before starting to drive, not looking at Yeji but listening closely.

"Honestly? I was nervous to see you again." Yeji was looking at her feet now, embarrassed, but happy to confess.

"Understandable, but it's just me babe. Chaeryeong and Yuna don't even know where I'm at, so there's nothing to worry about. Nobody has to know." Ryujin said, easing Yeji's nerves a little, but making her stomach flip from that nickname once more.

"But you're..." Yeji started, and stopped herself.

"I'm?" Ryujin said, expecting Yeji to continue. She did, she was sure a sucker for the raven-haired and she only met her yesterday.

"Nevermind." Yeji wanted to say beautiful, talented, on the next level, hot, intimidating in a way that sends her heart thumping. But she restrained. Ryujin smirked.

"Here we are, Dock Five." Ryujin pulled her keys and skillfully slid off their boards. She was using a sunset orange one today instead of black. "You know Yeji, I think the next competition is at this beach." Ryujin spoke as the walked toward the water, the raven-haired placing down a few towels and bags to mark a spot.

"Is that good?" Yeji asked, helping to straighten the towels.

"For you, absolutely. You surf here normally right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, then yes, this is great for you. Comforting probably." Ryujin said, catching Yeji rather shamelessly staring at her. "If you want to touch me all you have to do is ask-"

"I-I wasn't, I'm not- let's just surf." Yeji said, face bright red while Ryujin chuckled. She decided on one thing, she liked teasing Yeji.

The water was almost enough to distract Yeji from her 'coach'. Almost. The way Ryujin's body glistened with droplets when she'd stand, and the way her hair framed her face, dripping, was extremely satisfying for the orange-haired to look at. Yeji blamed most of her wipeouts and terrible runs on her inability to focus. Of course, Ryujin being the perceptive person she was, picked up on it and confronted Yeji when they sat down on their towels for a drink.