Sail

I'm sick again, so this chapter is a little short :( apologies for typos
--

"Everyone is staring." Yeji said, Ryujin shrugging while they continued to walk onto the plush sand of the beach.

"Let them." Ryujin said, acting as if the photo of her with a towel around her body in Yeji's house wasn't a big deal. She cringed, the paper having plastered them as the star couple. Ryujin didn't want her private matters so public. Not only that, but they didn't even do anything due to the rude interruption.

"I think we should come back later." Yeji's face was red, hot and guilty while nearly everyone on the beach looked at them. Ryujin understood in that moment, no matter how many people watched her at competitions, this was different.

"If we leave, that makes the press seem like they have power. Come on, let's just sunbathe until we're less cared about." Ryujin offered, Yeji finding her words to be true. They did just that, laying on the towels and not caring about their surroundings. Sure enough, people started to lose interest too.

Just another couple that the press liked for clout.

"Come on, there's good waves out now." Ryujin said, standing with Yeji after they helped reapply sunscreen. They'd prefer not to get burnt today, as burns always hurt in the shower.

"What did you have planned this week?" Yeji asked, curious as to what the raven-haired was so set on. What caused her eyes to flare like never before.

"To be brief, I want you to travel from your board to mine, so we can surf on the same board." Ryujin said. She was right, it was brief, but the visual and the practice made Yeji's adrenaline pump fast in her body.

"Let's do this."

A lot of wipeouts and crashing into eachother on their boards occurred. A lot of work and precision just to get Yeji onto Ryujin's board. Her own drifting to shore. They were able to stay on the same board for about ten seconds before falling. Exhaustion eventually took over, and at that point progress wasn't possible.

The neon sunlit sky made it bearable, the constant wipeouts. That, and Ryujin's reassurance. They sat down, sipping and nearly chugging their water while parties of people danced and spent money on whatever exotic thing they could find. Children and families were long gone, leaving the shores to the teens and college kids. Summer flings all around, girl's hearts probably breaking a mile down on the sand.

Yet Ryujin was there, next to her, making her feel full. Sweet kisses and soft touches making her feel nothing short of a woman. Nothing like a fling, nothing like a tool. She didn't care that people could see them, everyone else was preoccupied in their romances and partner to care about their public displays of affection.

Her father always told her she could dream of any prince charming to star gaze with her on the shores of Dock Five or any heavenly beach. But, she was only dreaming of Ryujin. She was only wanting Ryujin.

They broke their salty kiss, Ryujin's weight disappeared from ontop of her. She wanted it back.

"Bet the press would've killed for that visual." Ryujin said, a teasing smile on her face while they caught their breath and made fun of the time.

"Speaking of which, Lia will be back next week." Yeji said, her hand running up Ryujin's arm simply to feel the skin there.

"That's good, she probably got a lot of amazing shots." Ryujin said, her eyes closing from the soft tips of Yeji's fingers.

They left not long later, Yeji hoping into Ryujin's black jeep and laughing when Ryujin accidentally missed her face when trying to cooly put on sunglasses. She ended up not wearing them anyway, given it was getting darker. Yeji's laugh was infectious this time.