Part 23

Alya and Nino danced as long as the eyes were on them, but soon Alya pulled him to another place.

"Where are we going?" Nino asked laughing as his gf, who was wearing heals and a full-length dress, drug him behind her.

"I want to show you the royal zoo." Alya replied laughing as well.

"There is a royal zoo?" Nino asked bewildered.

"Yeah, it was my mom's wedding gift to my dad. He was a civilian and a zoologist. That is how they meet, at the zoo." Alya explained.

"That's why you love the zoo so much." Nino sighed out, "That makes so much since."

"Yeah..." Alya trailed off laughing, guiding Nino to sit on an ornate bench.

It was quiet for a minute as they watched the animals, nether ready to bring up the elephant in the room.

"So, you're a real, actual princess." He more stated than asked.

"Yeah, I am. Second in line for the throne." Alya said almost monotone. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I just... I wasn't allowed..."

Alya was cut off by Nino, "It is ok, it is like us being superheroes right."

"Kind of, after the younger sister of the Queen of Britten died, under very mysterious circumstances, everyone was scared. All the kids of royals went to live in hiding. Myself and my siters included." Alya started, "I know I shouldn't be, but I'm kind of glad this happened. I never would have met you, or any of our friends, I wouldn't have Trixx or the miraculous, I would have never fell in love with journalism.... I wouldn't be me."

"And I quite like who you are." Nino replied smiling back at her. "Speaking of, where good wide world is Trixx hiding. I mean with all of the things the girls are wearing, I'm a little terrified to ask."

Alya laughed at Nino's expression, "Man, your face. Nino, there in our hair. At least Trixx is."

Hearing his name Trixx flew out of Alya's auburn locks, "Hi, Nino."

"Hey, Dude," Nino replied in his typical fashion.

"So, you're really ok with me being a princess?" Alya asked him.

"I mean, I'm surprised and don't really understand, but yeah. I love you and that love is for you, all of you, your determination, your joy, your ambitions, your style, and class, you want to do good, your love of zoos, your almost obsessive love of superheroes, your love of sharing news, your blog, your drive, your dedication, your everything, now I just get to add you're a princess to that list. I said once that I never wanted to stop learning things about you, and I just got to learn another thing." Nino finished.

"Thank you, I was worried you wouldn't want to be with me, since I have been lying to you for so long." Alya admitted looking down.

Nino cupped her check, so she would look up. "I love you Alya, Princess or not."

Alya started to lean in to kiss him, however before they could the pair heard, "Alya and Nino kissing in a tree, K-I-s-s-I-n-g." In a high-pitched sing song voice.

"Ella, Etta be nice to your sister." Queen Marlena scolded.

"Mom, dad, Ella, Etta, Nora, Robin, this is my boyfriend Nino. Nino this is my family, my mom, queen Marlena, my dad King Otis, my sisters twin younger sisters Ella and Etta, and my older sister Nora and her girlfriend Robin." Alya introduced after standing up, trying to take away the awareness of her family waking in on Nino and her about to kiss.

"It is a pleaser to meet you." King Otis said putting his hand out for Nino to shake. Nino hesitantly shook his hand.

"Hello your Majesty." Nino said, desperately trying to prosses the advents unfolding.

Nora was the next to welcome Nino, "Hey, Nino, Alya has talked very highly of you." She stuck out her hand and he took it to shake, not expecting the strong grasp or even stronger pull, " If you ever hurt my sister, you will regret it, not only am I next in line but I am a renowned kickboxer." After this warning Nora let him go.

"Oh, we should so do a double date!" Robin exclaimed at the three. Giving Nino some form of whiplash.

"Uh...yeah." Nino breathed out looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"So, you're a DJ?" Ella asked. "What does a DJ do?" Etta asked popping up in front of Nino, scaring him a bit. As the twins came from nowhere.

"Girls, all of you calm down." All of them backed off a bit at their mother's command, "Nino, we just wanted to introduce our selves to you, before we had you over for dinner. We will all head back to the party. Enjoy your time Nino, and Alya today is your day, spend as much time as you want here."

"Thanks mom." Alya replied. The rest of her family left the royal zoo, to the party.

"Sorry about that Nino, I didn't know they were going to come over. And sorry my older sister threatened you, she is a bit overprotective. She... she actually remembers the chaos that came after Britten's second in line died." Alya apologized.

"It is ok, do you mind if we sit for a sec though. I'm a little overwhelmed trying to possess all of this." Nino asked her.

"Of course," Alya replied before randomly talking to herself, "You know, I wonder which prince of Britten is here."

"What do you mean?" Nino asked having spoken to the guy earlier.

"Well, there are two, and they are almost identical cousins." Alya answered.

"Wait how can you have two identical cousins?" Nino asked confused.

"I don't know, genetics are weird, I guess. I mean Juleka and Luka are twins, and both their parents have blue eyes like Luka, but Juleka somehow has red eyes." Alya answered.

"True, I'm guessing mutation." Nino said, glad that they found their way back to a conversation that he was familiar with.

"But I wonder if he is the mysterious second in line." Alya said looking off in the distance.

"What do you mean mysterious, you all hide your identities and have masks on all the time. I think all royal kids would count as mysterious." Nino pointed out.

"He is the son of the princess that died, rumor has it his father took hime somewhere else, but no one has seen him since he was five." Alya answered.

"Alright, I'll give you, that is more mysterious." Nino agreed.

"Ready to head back?" Alya asked.

"Yeah, I think so." Nino replied taking her hand as they walked back.

The two danced the night away.

A/N

By the way the last 3 chapters happen on January 29th.