Part 5

January 16

"Mother, I would like to go out and be with Marinette for the afternoon." Kagami stated more than asked her mother, both having very direct ways of talking.

"Sit down Kagami, I have some questions for you." Tomoe told her daughter.

Kagami sat across from her mother and waited to see what would happen next.

"This girl, you seem to spend the most time with her out of all of our new friends. Why is that?" Tomoe asked, not being able to see the slight panic that set over her face.

"Mother, I don't know what you are implying. Mari-Chan is simply very social and enjoys seeing each other." Kagami lied, she hoped this answer would suffice. She was out to everyone but her mother. She feared what reaction she would get, she was even more scared knowing that Mr. Agreste was homophobic, for they spend time together.

"Kagami, do not lie to me. Are you really trying to tell me you do not have romantic feelings for Miss. Marinette Martin? I may be blind, but it would almost be impossible to not know that you are infatuated with her." Tomoe stated clearly.

"Mother... yes, it is true. Mother I am a lesbian and I have romantic feelings for Mari-chan. Please don't make me leave. I am still me mother..." Kagami pleaded.

Tomoe cut her daughter off, "Why would you ever think that I would kick you out for this. I am aware of who you are, and I am proud of it. And I am supportive of any relationship you have with Miss. Marinette Martin. She has been a good influence on you and is very impressive. She can even convince me to do things I wouldn't."

Kagami was so surprised she had not expected that reaction, "I'm sorry mother, for hiding and thinking you would not approve of such things. I just thought that since Mr. Agreste is homophobic you might be as well, since you work together. I am very glad you like Mari-Chan thought mother."

"Mr. Agreste is homophobic. Are you sure Kagami?" Tomoe asked looking upset.

"Yes mother, I am. Adreian told me himself." Kagami asked.

"Why would he tell you such a thing?" Tomoe asked looking more perplexed at the new information of the Agreste.

"I'm not sure I am supposed to say mother, but Adrien came out to our group of friends when we were at the sleep over. He said he hasn't come out because his father is homophobic and forcing him to date another girl." Kagami explained feeling guilty about outing Adrien.

"I will end all relations with Mr. Agreste, as for Adrien tell him he is always welcome here. If he wishes he can live here and out. And as for our previous topic, yes, I do like Miss. Marinette. That is all for now, go enjoy your time with her. Good luck Kagami and remember don't hesitate." Tomoe told her daughter, smiling. She then stood and started to walk to her office. Leaving Kagami aww shtuck, she didn't know how to react.

Meanwhile, Marinette sat on a bench waiting for Kagami at their agreed meeting place. She had gotten a text a couple of minutes ago from Kagami saying she would be a bit late. Marinette was excited and nervous; she had developed a massive crush on Kagami and well we all know how her crushes usually go.

"My apologies for being late, Mari-Chan, my mother wished to speak to me about something big." Kagami told the other bluenette.

Mari noticed the almost panicked and surprised look on her crushes face. "Are you ok Kagami?"

"I think so Mari-Chan, but I am not sure, it happened so fast. But not in the way a fencing match is so fast. It was something I have never experienced." Kagami told her, still looking distant.

"Ok, how about we go to the juice bar, and you tell me everything that happened." Mari offered, very conserved for the state of her crush.

"Yes that, that would be good." Kagami responds, as they start to walk in the right direction.

They sit at a table outside after they ordered and got their drinks. Mari got a strawberry juice and one of the little health cookies they sell for Tikki. Kagami got an orange juice with a bowl of cubed dragoon fruit for Longg.

"Ok, so what happened Kagami?" Mari asked before taking a sip of her juice.

"Well, my mom found out that I am a lesbian. It was an interesting conversation to say the least." Kagami started.

"Ok, first good or bad?" Mari asked, wanting to know how to proceed.

"Good, I think. She was supportive, it was confusing. She knew before I told her, she... I thought she was going to throw me out." Kagami, talked while slipping a piece of dragon fruit into Longg's hiding place.

"Well, at least it went well. And I am here to listen for as long and whenever you need." Mari responded.

Kagami staired at Mari for a minute, her kindness, that is what drew Kagami in the first time. She couldn't but take in the good-hearted hero in front of her. "Yeah, it went well. Given everything with Mr. Agreste I was happy. She even is supportive of my relationships. She... she said she was proud of me. She doesn't do that often."

"She should be proud, you are smart, cool, a pretty, and talented, and you do such cool things, you are amazing a fencing..." Mari continued to ramble but Kagami wasn't lesioning, she was watching the way Mari listed things off with her fingers, and the way her pigtails blew slightly in the wind. Kagami was captivated by her. Kagami decided then and they're that she would find a way to get Mari to be her girlfriend, and if she couldn't who ever does will be the luckiest person alive.

"Thank you, Mari-chan. For both the snacks and the talk, but I think I have a very important phone call to make today." Kagami cut off Mari.

"Always Kagami, and I understand. It isn't always easy coming out and I live with lesbians." Mari jokes with her. Almost glowing as she laughs at her own joke.