Chp 40

Mason

Mason

"Alright, I'll meet you soon, mate." I said as Hakim and Billy get inside the car, probably tired after the training session. They wave back at me and I get in my car.

I don't even bother to turn the air conditioner on as I had got used to the open windows. Connecting my phone to the speaker, I hum along to the melody. As I start the car, I feel a foreign feeling in my hands. It felt alien to not have Neriah's hand beneath mine. It felt...empty.

I smile to myself as an all so familiar warmth covers me. In Jorginho's words, I am whipped.

In about forty minutes, I park in a quite familiar parking lot-Neriah's apartment's parking lot. As I get out the car, I check if its locked. Once satisfied, I make my move into the building. Knocking, I wait for the doors to be opened.

Violet opens the door, I get surprised as I was expecting Neriah. "Oh hey. My god, I don't think I'll ever be able to digest the fact there's a Chelsea player in our house," she said.

I chuckle as she invites me in. I was about to ask but she answers me,"In her room, as usual." I nod and thank her as she disappeared into her room.

As I walk to her room, I notice the door was open. Nearing the door, I see her lying on the bed. She slept on her stomach, her elbows helping her to stay up. She was reading a book and was completely oblivious to my presence.

Her legs dangled in the air, as her eyes remain on the book. I notice that her v-neck top gave me a clear look of her creamy cleavage. I found myself licking my lips as my eyes travelled down to her perfect curves.

How can someone be so perfect? I thought to myself as I lean on the door frame. Rays of sunlight fell on her face, as I notice the lights in the room were switched off. Its like she was on the spotlight, only with no audience.

The curtains move but she paid no attention to that. It was such a peaceful moment, I didn't want to spoil it. Not even a little.

Probably, sensing my eyes on her, she looked at me and got startled. "Goodness! How long have you been standing there?" She asks me, the book in her hand almost falling.

A short laugh escaped my lips as I said,"Lost track of time, love." A small smile adorned her face as she rolls her eyes.

Not wanting to wait long, I make my way to her. I kneel at the edge of the bed, close to where she lay. "What have you been reading?" I ask, taking the book from her hand.

The book cover read 'Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahnema' "Just some necessary information I may need," she said taking the book back.

"What are you doing here by the way?" She asks me to which I reply,"Just wanted to meet you." I end it with an obvious shrug as she narrowed her eyes, turning the wheels in her mind.