Chp 18

Previously on Moao

We both started laughing, and at this moment I forgot about all my worries. It felt good to be with him, here and live this moment. I just don't want this to end, ever.

 I just don't want this to end, ever

Neriah

He slowly put me down and Duke came back with the ball in his mouth while I pull my top down, that had ridden up when I hugged Mason.

Mason took out the ball from Duke's mouth and massaged his head. "You wanna continue?" He asks me.

"No I think this is enough for today." I said while I wipe the sweat from my face and neck. He nods and puts the leash on Duke.

I look down to check if my shoe laces have opened or not and they were just how Mason had tied them. Just as I was thinking about it, someone just ran into me making me loose my balance and a stumble a bit.

"What the hell!," I shout as I try to keep my legs steady but got off balance causing me to take support from Duke. If it wasn't for Duke I would have fallen and at least got an injured leg or arm.

Mason was tying the leash on Duke and hence he wasn't aware of what happened until he heard me. The person who ran into me was just a few steps away but the look in his eyes made me understand that he is gonna run any minute now. He doesn't even have the courtesy to apologize.

Duke saw this and barked at the man, ready to chase him right at this moment. Mason looked at him and stomped angrily to his direction. I try to calm down Duke because he looked at the man as a threat. An angry Duke and Mason is clearly not the best of combination.

"Mason what are you doing?" I ask him as I got scared just by the way he walks to that man. The look on that man's eye makes me feel like he did it purposely. But why would he? He was figuring out this options right now, whether to run or stay still.

He tried to take off but Mason warned him,"Don't you dare." His tone was anything but sweet, making me shiver too. I look back at Duke and tell him,"You stay here alright and be a good boy."

He didn't look like he is gonna listen to me but I couldn't really do anything too. I look back to where Mason stood. I left Duke where he was and ran to where Mason was.

"Mason let him go!" I shout as by the time I came near them, Mason was already holding him by his collar and shooting daggers at him.

Mason yells at that scared guy while I try to bring the temperature down,"What the f**k is wrong with you, b*****d?! Can't you see where you're going?"

The man looks at me and back to Mason as he tries to form some words in his mouth. He said,"I-I wasn't really loo-" but Mason cuts him off angrily and said in not to polite tone."And you didn't even think of apologizing."

I place my hand on Mason's arms that was still tightly holding the man and said,"Its okay, let him be on his way."

Mason's angry eyes now soften as he looks at my fear struck face. He hastily lets go of the man's shirt and pushed him a bit in the process.