Chapter Twenty-One

Malfoy Manor Gardens
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 15th of December, 2021

"Remember when..."

  Lucius watched with soar eyes as the door to the family mausoleum rolled shut. A single raindrop fell from the heavens and landed on his hand. He clenched his cane for support, not wanting his facade to slip.

  The group before him dispersed as grey clouds rolled in above them. Only a few remained; his mother lovingly placed her hand on the door, not wanting to leave. Sabrina had left ages ago, claiming she hadn't worn the right shoes for the occasion.

  His daughter stood close enough to his mother to support her but far enough behind for her to have space. She was saying goodbye to the love of her life after all. His ex-wife stood in between their sons. Each of them clenching her hand tightly for comfort. Narcissa's face was emotionless to someone on the outside. He, however, knew how much this was killing her.

The small group stood silently and still. It was as if the rain knew they needed this time. A small moment where they could all process what had happened.

Suddenly, the silence was ruined. A small chuckle erupted from Elliot's lips. With a glare from his father, he quickly tried to cover it as a cough. However, it didn't stop with him. Draco and Narcissa began to laugh as well. Soon, Arabella and Anita joined in the joyous occasion. Lucius even found himself laughing and didn't know why.

"What is going on here?"

  Cygnus and Druella walked carefully down the hill. He grasped his wife's hand tightly to keep her from falling into the mud. They had assumed everyone was returning to the manor when the storm clouds rolled in.

"Abraxas is gone," Anita shrugged, and a couple of tears slid down her cheeks.

Druella quirked a brow, "Is that humorous?"

"No," Draco shook his head. "however, it seems that's how we are all coping,"

Anita wrapped an arm around Lucius and waited for everyone to gather around them. It was beautiful, the life she and Abraxas had created together. Her child and grandchildren were everything she needed.

"Thank you." she reached out and cupped Elliot's face. "He loved all of you. He made his mistakes, but he truly did,"

"We know," Narcissa smiled. She reached out and wrapped an arm around Jenna, who carefully slid out of the hold.

"We loved him too, gran," said Elliot.

"Very much." Jenna finished. "I've never met someone who could glare better than me," the group shared a laugh as they made the long walk back to the manor.

"Do you remember when he shot hot tea out of his nose?" Draco asked.

"Oh, when Ara made him laugh so hard he shattered a glass and gran nearly stupified him,"

Anita sighed, "It was an antique,"

"Everything in the Manor is an antique, mother. I do believe my great-great-grandfather had drunk from that glass," added Lucius.

"It was always interesting with grandfather around," Jenna stated.

"Yes," Anita made everyone stop. "and what he did to you he should never be forgiven for." she played with a loose strand of hair that had fallen from the delicate updo Jenna had done. "But, you, my dear, were the light of his life. He looked forward to your verbal duals every day,"

Lucius watched his daughter smile sadly. She hadn't known Abraxas the way Draco had. He believed it would have been chaos if she did. Draco and Elliot dramatically coughed, breaking the silence.

"He adored the two of you as well," Anita smiled.

"But there is something about her," Elliot finished.

"Remember when he almost threw me through a window?" asked Jenna. "Mom had to step in between us,"

"In his defense, we didn't know who you were,"

"Remember when he caught me sneaking out to see Narcissa?"

"What?"

"Pardon me?"

"Lucius Malfoy!"

"Ohhh," All three of their children chimed in at once.

Lucius smirked, "He forgave me,"

"So," Jenna smirked.

"Arabella," Narcissa warned.

"You got lucky before marriage?" she asked, the smirk growing wider. Elliot and Draco looked at their parents and waited for an answer to a dangerous question.

"Must you be so crude?" she glared at her daughter. If this was her way of getting back at Narcissa, she would take it. Her daughter could do much worse.

"Now that you ask, yes, I could be." Without out skipping a beat, Jenna asked, "Hey mom, did you get la—?"

Druella clamped a hand over her mouth, "Let us remember where we are, and why we are here." she looked at her daughter. "I raised you better than that." her eyes met her granddaughter's eyes. "You know better," Slowly, Druella lowered her hand but kept a stern face. She did not wish for Jenna to continue her question.

"As entertaining as this is to watch," Elliot spoke up. "I smell rain," he pointed up to the sky with his index finger.

"You act as if you've never seen it," Draco stated. The first drop fell and landed on his cheek.

  Jenna glanced up and felt her face being covered with light raindrops. It was only a sprinkle, nothing too dramatic.

"You what your grandfather loved most about the rain?" Anita asked. Her grandchildren all shook their heads. Music from the Manor seeped outdoors and lulled them onto the patio. "It wasn't difficult to dance in,"

"I don't under— hey!" Cygnus pulled Jenna into his hold and began to waltz around the large patio. Her shock wore off and her feet elegantly followed his. Druella did the same with Elliot, as did Anita with Draco.

They all smiled and laughed gleefully. Dipping, twirling and waltzing to the sound of the faint music. Narcissa glanced in Lucius's direction to notice him holding out his hand to her. It was his father's funeral, who was she to decline? She couldn't bare hurting anymore. Joining the circle, the Malfoy's hadn't noticed the mass of people watching from the windows and extravagant French doors.

"I thought you were angry with me?" Narcissa asked.

He sighed, "After today, I do not believe there is anymore anger in my body. The loss of a parent, no matter how absent, teaches you a valuable lesson,"

"And that is?"

"Hold the people you love close," She felt his grip on her waist tighten.

"Lucius," she whispered as he rubbed his nose against her's for the slightest second. The rain had soaked them to the bone. Their eyes didn't break away from one another.

"I can't keep doing this, Cissa. I married you. I chose you. Look at the life we created together," they turned just in time to see Draco dip Jenna. Elliot stood off to the side, slow dancing with Anita.

"Where are you going with this? Do you not remember who cheated?"

"I still don't know why I did it. I was a fool,"

It was perfect, the moment they were sharing. Releasing a giggle into the air, Jenna looked over at her parents. Through the rain she could tell how in love they still were. The thought warmed her heart. She looked up toward the sky and beamed.

"Thank you, grandfather,"