Chapter Five

Madame Malkin's Robes for All Occasions
Diagon Alley
Date: Monday, 29th of November, 2021

"I must say that you've lost some inches since your last visit two days ago, Miss. Malfoy,"

  Jenna stared into her father's eyes by using the mirror in front of her. Only, Lucius wasn't paying attention to his daughter. His gaze focused on Sabrina, who was bustling around the shop like a drunk bee.

"Oh, you know how teenagers her age tend to fluctuate, Madame," Sabrina came over and gripped Jenna's shoulders tightly. "I'm sure she even has a goal of some sort,"

  Lucius didn't bat an eye when his daughter didn't respond to either of the women. He kept his gaze on Sabrina, unable to look away. She was like a siren calling his ship to her.

Too enchanted with his fiancé, Malfoy didn't notice his daughter's pleading look. She wanted Sabrina to step away from her before she shoved a pin in her neck. The woman had barely let her out of her sight since seeing Narcissa.

"Lucius, what do you think?"

"Lovely, dear,"

"Hideous, dear," Jenna thought as she smoothed over the lavender silk. She couldn't believe the audacity of the designer. No one looked good in anything with this amount of ruffles. "Why are there so many?" She frowned.

"Something you would like to say, dear?" Lucius asked.

Jenna shook her head, "No, father. I'm just worrying about school," she gave a small smile.

Sabrina smiled to herself. Upon entering his life, Lucius had warned her about his daughter. She fought like a warrior but had the looks of a princess. After she was through with her, Arabella Malfoy would possess neither of those characteristics.

Lucius felt his heart swell with pride. One of his children was finally accepting Sabrina. He saw the way they smiled at one another. They had been shopping together twice. Everything was falling into place.

Madame Malkin could see right through the trio's facade. Her heart went out to the young Malfoy, who was forced to pick sides. And she couldn't imagine how horrible it must be to have a father who is blind to everything.

Jenna felt tired and wanted to go home. She missed her mother and aunt. They were the only people who understood her.

"Monsieur Malfoy, what interested you in this trip to Diagon Alley?" Madame Malkin questioned.

He finally looked away from Sabrina, "We have been having some stalking issues with my ex-wife," Lucius admitted.

  Madame Malkin felt Jenna tense. She slyly placed a hand on her arm for comfort before nodding in acknowledgment. "Mother's will always be protective of their children, Monsieur,"

"Madame, I suggest that you do your job instead of offer life advice," Sabrina advised.

Lucius waited for his daughter's sarcastic response, but it never came. She was looking in the mirror with a glare set on her beautiful face. Her plump lips frowned with disapproval at Sabrina's behavior. Maybe, she didn't like her after all.

"Done," Madame Malkin helped Jenna down from the stool and into the dressing room. "It's a shame you have to live with that," she said as she unzipped the young girl. "I would have sent an unforgivable her way ages ago,"

"Anita tries every day," Jenna laughed. "You should have seen what happened yesterday when she turned some of our walls lavender,"

"She didn't," Madame Malkin gasped.

She nodded, "It was only the walls of the dueling room. Grandma was furious. A vase was broken and father experienced how great her aim is,"

"Oh, très mal,"

"Non, très bon," Jenna frowned. "One can hope he learned his lesson for next time,"

"Oui,"

_________________________________
Black Manor
Tinsbury, England

"Do you feel odd knowing that Ara is here, but we have yet to see her?"

Cygnus looked up from his book to see Druella standing in the doorway. It was snowing. She remembered chasing her granddaughter through the frozen flakes when she was a baby. The thought made her heartache in a way she hadn't felt before.

"A little, but she can't control it," Cygnus reasoned. He could see grief clouding her beautiful face. His wife hadn't been like this since before they found Ara.

With a wave of his wand, he lit a warm fire for the two of them. A house-elf drew back the curtains to reveal the winter wonderland below. Druella walked further into the room and waited. She had no idea what her husband would do if she approached him.

Cygnus grabbed a blanket and made the first move. He guided his wife with a hand on her curvy waist and hummed softly. The chair he had been sitting in before she entered was moved near the fire. He sat down first and instructed her to sit in his lap.

"Darling, I don't think I should. I'm not as light as I used to be," Druella averted her eyes and blushed.

He smiled, "You are as beautiful as the day I first met you," Cygnus pulled her into his lap and covered them with a blanket. He listened to her heartbeat softly against her chest and waited.

Salty tears began to fall from her cheek as the silence overtook her. It was a comforting atmosphere that would make anyone emotional. Druella wept for their daughter and grandchildren. None of them were happy at the moment.

"It's alright, darling," he kissed her head and leaned against her chest. "It's alright,"

_________________________________
Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England

"Well, how was it?"

"Madame Malkin doesn't like her," Jenna grumbled as she flopped onto her bed.

Elliot laughed, "that makes two of us." Jenna sat up are glared. "Three of us? You have been silent about your feelings toward her,"

"I can't speak when I'm around her. It's like she has us all under a spell in her presence,"

"Yeah, and we both know who would be under the love spell,"

"Father,"

  Silence followed his statement as the two Malfoy siblings thought about it. Lucius only looked like he was in love when Sabrina was around.

"He spoke to me about her privately, once," admitted Elliot. "His voice was monotoned, and his eyes were dull,"

"You don't think...?" Jenna's voice trailed off.

"It's possible. Blaise is skilled with potions. He could have inherited it from his mother,"

"It doesn't make sense," Jenna stated. "Why now? Why Lucius?"

"Our family is still wealthy, Jen. The war didn't change that. She could have gone into debt or something,"

"Only one way to find out,"

Elliot smiled, "God, I missed having you around. Only you could come up with a mischievous plan to get us into trouble,"

"Is that sarcasm?"

"No,"

"Good, because I have a plan,"