After an hour it was finally set up and everything was unloaded. The workers left and Sam and I got to work. He helped me set everything up and by the time the room was finished it looked perfect.
"Sammy, I am getting a daughter." I say with a tear slipping from my eyes.

"Yes you are baby sis. You will be a great mother. Look at what you have already done for her just with this room and even offering to take her in."

"I know. Would you throw out the boxes. I need to get ready and head out to go check on Jasmine and my other patients."

"Of course. Go do what you need. When does she come home with you?" Sam asked.

"Hopefully tomorrow if there is no internal damage. I am assuming there is not since I have not been paged yet." I say.

We go our separate ways. I get ready for work, while he throws the boxes out heads out for patrol.
As I get to the hospital I cannot help but be excited. I of course stopped to see Sharon first, then went to see my soon to be little girl. As I knocked on the door I walked in to see her still sleeping.

I picked up her chart and looked at everything. Her scans and vitals are look fantastic considering the pain she was in yesterday. As I am standing there, I start to sense something is different. It almost feels like magic. Oh well.

I got over and slowly wake Jasmine up. "Jasmine, sweetie. It's time to wake up. Your breakfast will be here soon."

She starts to whine and rolls over towards me. "Come on sweetie." She pouts and slowly starts to open her eyes.

"I ired.." she pouts.

"Aw baby I know. But you need to eat so you can be big and strong."

"No awoow foo." She says.

"Did you say not allowed food?" I asked and she nodded her head. I look at her chart again and she really is under nourished. "Sweetie, I am not those meanies. You can eat with me okay? I won't be mad. I want you to eat."

"Otay."

Soon the nurse brings in the food, and I sit in bed with her and eat. I put on some cartoons for her as well. It is time for me to start my shift now so I have to leave. "Okay Jasmine, I gotta go and do a few things but I will be back and check on you okay?" I say to her.

"O-otay." She says with another pout.

"Sweetie I am not going to leave you here alone. I promise I will come back in a little bit." I say brushing her hair out of her face.
She just nods.

I soon begin my day. It is going by fast. Megan and her baby are doing great, I delivered two other babies today. So it was even better. However, the best news was 2 hours before my shift was over. The social worker showed up to check on Jasmine. As she is here she asks me to speak in my office. I go and take a seat at my desk with her across from me.

"Normally this process takes longer. However, we ran your background check yesterday and had a couple staff members here put in a good word for you. Financially you are secure, there is daycare here for her, so everything has been sped up. Here is the adoption papers if you want to sign now, she is yours." The social worker says.

I do not even think twice about it. I sign them handing them over. I also decided to give her the Uley last name since I do not know hers right now.
After the social worker left, I asked a nurse to do a blood test for me so I can run a test to see her family tree when it comes back.

While waiting, I go in and see my little girl. "Hi Jasmine."

"Hi" she says with a small wave.

"So I have exciting news. You remember me asking you if you wanted to come home with me?" She nods her head yes.